Wigglesworth Charity Drive

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i do have a clutch but it has seen its better days. it would work in a pinch but i think its wore out. your welcome to it if ou need it but id look for something better.

Is there anyone that's contributed to this thread that could use a good clutch cover? The one I have is being replaced with the wide one that was donated. I also have a 1/2 wrap handle. It's not bent, but shows it's wear.

Last edited:
I'm bringing this forward, and updating it to keep track of everything.

1. MS460, fully rebuilt, ported, 25" bar, two new chains, wide clutch cover, dual big dawgs, roller chain catcher.
---New 25" Stihl ES bar from Stihl-Pioneer
---Plastic covers from RiverRat via Tree Monkey
---3/4 wrap handle from Arrowhead
---Clutch cover and dual big dawgs from trx250r180
---Roller chain catcher, guide plate, and model plate from Jacob J.
---Two new Stihl chains from Young
---Clutch from Smilin Possum
---Shipping from morewood
2. Woods port by ECSaws on your good running pro built saw.
3. Woods port by Mastermind on your good running pro built saw.
4. 32" Oregon reduced weight bar with a square tooth semi skip chain from trx250r180
235687d1335467679-460-cover-012-jpg

5. 28" Stihl ES bar from AZLogger
235691d1335470696-stihl-28in-bar-jpg

Last edited:
Admins, please leave this in the chainsaw forum for 2 weeks. At that time, the sticky can be removed. Thanks!

I've got that hard beating heart in my chest kind of feeling right now, telling me I need to do something. Jeremy is not just one of our own, but I consider him a personal friend. The card's he's been dealt right now are pretty tough. He's already told us that he will be going to 60% of his normal pay. That was effective immediately as of last Tuesday. I don't mean to embarrass you Jeremy, but I want to help. I'm sure there are many more here that do as well. I'm going to provide that opportunity.

I have a MS460 work saw here that I was going to rebuild and sell. Instead, I'd like to give the profits to Jeremy and his family.

If you would like to donate to this charity drive, please send donations in $10 increments to [email protected]. All proceeds above $250 will be donated. When this drive is over, I will draw one name, to which I will give the chainsaw.

This drive will only be two weeks in duration. I want to get this money to Jeremy sooner, rather than later. The deadline will be Monday, May 7th, at 7 PM Eastern time.

This particular MS460 is not a pretty shelf queen. She's a well worn work saw, with plenty of scrapes and scratches. It currently runs, but has bad crank bearings. I will be going through it entirely. Both crank bearings will be replaced, as well as all seals and gaskets. If need be, I will replace the piston, and or rings. Everything will be cleaned and put back together to make a solid work saw. I will get pics when possible. Any questions, please ask.

All donations MUST have your AS username included. Please send all donations as a gift.

Please make no references to p a y p a l. Please do not call this a r a f f l e. This is for legal reasons.

"In addition to the MS460, both ECSaws and Mastermind have offered to donate a woods port to this donation. The saws must already be in good running condition. No clamshell saws."
Haven't been around as much, missed this one. Brad you got a real good heart, thanks for starting this. I will try and read some here, and catch up.

1. MS460, fully rebuilt, ported, 25" bar, two new chains, wide clutch cover, dual big dawgs, roller chain catcher.
---Roller chain catcher from Jacob J.
4. 32" Oregon reduced weight bar with a square tooth semi skip chain from trx250r180
235687d1335467679-460-cover-012-jpg

235691d1335470696-stihl-28in-bar-jpg

and a 28 inch sugihara bar with a square cut chain

i have a new oil pump for a 460 ,its not the high output one so i didnt use it ,if you havent found a clutch i have a used one off a 044 if that will fit ,ican send pic of clutch see if the same one

and a 28 inch sugihara bar with a square cut chain

i have a new oil pump for a 460 ,its not the high output one so i didnt use it ,if you havent found a clutch i have a used one off a 044 if that will fit ,ican send pic of clutch see if the same one
If you don't mind, I would like to include the 28" bar with the saw. I think we're good on the oil pump and clutch.

If you don't mind, I would like to include the 28" bar with the saw. I think we're good on the oil pump and clutch.

Brad didnt JJ send 460 logo ???

---Roller chain catcher from Jacob J.

Thats bad to the bone if you think about it!!!!

Last edited:
He was sending the Stihl plate for the recoil. However, I found a new one on my shelf Friday. A new MS460 plate should come on the new engine cover.

I ordered one anyway just in case, they're cheap. I've seen new cylinder shrouds come with and without the model plate for every current model- it all comes down to
which plant the part was manufactured in. If it's coming from overseas, it won't have the model plate. If it's coming from Virginia Beach, it will have the model plate.

Back