wood dust in the carb hard on the saw?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don’t have it down here I don't think?... But one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of is how a lot of you guys send ya oil in for testing! 😆
What's wrong with just changing ya oil at whatever set intervals? and forget about it... You know like the world has done in vehicles for the last 100 years?..
Send ya oil in for testing for what? What a waste of money! They just cashing in on you insecure worry warts lol

This is how I sleep having never ever in my 50 years sent oil out for testing 😆

883986-f917ebe063505ef7428613c360015d10.jpeg

We don’t have it down here I don't think?... But one of the dumbest things I've ever heard of is how a lot of you guys send ya oil in for testing! 😆
What's wrong with just changing ya oil at whatever set intervals? and forget about it you know like the world has done in vehicles for the last 100 years?..
Send ya oil in for testing for what? What a waste of money! They just cashing in on you insecure worry warts lol

This is how I sleep having never ever in my 50 years sent oil in for testing 😆

View attachment 1208759
Commercial fleets, on and offroad, have been testing oil for decades.
Its usually done as part of an extended drain program. It's also a good way to catch issues before they become catastrophic.

What's wrong with just changing ya oil at whatever set intervals? and forget about it... You know like the world has done in vehicles for the last 100 years?..

This is how I sleep having never ever in my 50 years sent oil out for testing 😆

View attachment 1208759

50? You don't look a day over 70. :clap:

I'll take that as a compliment I thought I looked closer to 80 lol

Only after reading this entire thread......
the lord of the rings hobbit GIF

I actually had some oil test sample kits sent to my house for free, it only costs money if you actually send them in.
I have some equipment that gets very little use that goes a few years between oil changes. I've never had any problems, but always curious what an oil analysis would say with extremely low hours and extended time intervals.
I have yet to send one in though, I always forget when I change the oil.

Latest posts

Back