2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@Mad Professor. The squash bugs are a different critter than the striped/spotted cucumber beetles. Both are hard on most curcubits.
These are the critters I'm fighting with.:mad:
They eat the leaves, the flowers, and even the baby squash.

1726256679472.png

I just came in from knocking them into a cup of soapy water, and snipping the ones that tried to crawl away.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't gotten so hot and dry, which stressed the plants.
I'm getting close to just pulling them all up... but it's supposed to rain in the next few days, so I'll wait a little longer.

These are the critters I'm fighting with.:mad:
They eat the leaves, the flowers, and even the baby squash.

View attachment 1204538

I just came in from knocking them into a cup of soapy water, and snipping the ones that tried to crawl away.
I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be so bad if it hadn't gotten so hot and dry, which stressed the plants.
I'm getting close to just pulling them all up... but it's supposed to rain in the next few days, so I'll wait a little longer.

That's a squash bug. You can cut down on the population by smashing the eggs on the underside of the leaves like in your image.

Here are a couple photos of the tallest Sunflower,my "better half",Sue,has ever grown. Zoom in on the tape measure picture,but I put it at 125" +/-. This was taken on 9/8. It is now in "full bloom". Pretty cool,we think!

Attachments

• 20240908_163710.jpg
    20240908_163710.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240908_163744.jpg
    20240908_163744.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Back