Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I will not repeat due to your laziness.
No, I will not proof read every post I make. This is a chainsaw site, not a college English class.
Your back around doesn't impress me either. Mostly because you have an inability to understand simple mechanical concepts.
I am not envious of engineers at all. I would not want their job in most cases.
The number of good engineers is very small. Many are about useless. That's just how it is.
Jeez, guys. This is an oil thread not a "mines bigger than yours" one. Give it a rest

If a diesel oil isnt turning black its not working properly. The additive package be design holds soot in suspension so it doesn't lay down as deposits.
I have never seen a diesel oil that didn't turn black almost immediately.
Good grief, almost 500 comments now and it appears this thread is turning into a pissing match as well...

Guess some folks have way too much idle time on their hands.

Interestingly however is that the diesel oil I use in both my M9000 Kubota's don't turn 'black. immediately nor does the oil in my 3406 NZ engine in my International Eagle conventional nor my 97 Ford 7.3 pickup truck for that matter. I does start to get some opacity almost immediately but turn black, nope. They all get the same lube oil, Shell Rotella T6, 5-40 flavor with the addition of 1 fluid ounce of Nano-Borate (per quart of oil at change time and new filters as well) at the oil change interval, which is yearly in the tractors as well as the pickup and Blackstone Labs tells me that when I submit a sample, the oil is just fine. I have to assume that Blackstone knows what they are doing as they are an accredited lab.

Only lube oil I have ever seen that turns almost immediately black is the lube oil in a DDEC engine in the Detroit 60 series it turns black almost immediately. The only reason I can equate to that is they have more 'blow by' that other engines. You might chew on that for a while and like I'm doing, I'll follow along... Even at 74, I can absorb things. Far as spelling goes, It's a forum, not a spelling class, if I can ascertain what the word represents, I'm good with that.

Have a wonderful day, over and out....

BS. The oil turned black almost immediately in my Chevy Suburban and the Ford F-250 with the infamous 6.0 liter diesel. It does not turn black with my current F-350 with the 6.7 liter Ford-built diesel. Same oil, different engine. What that says to me is that the current Ford engine simply does not produce much soot.
I got a couple Diesels that I use Rotella T in, and they don't turn black right away either. Are we talking on the dipstick because dumping the whole pan would be darker, but who does that?

The only oil I’ve come across on here that’s really been tested is Castro activ 2t at 25:1 by @rogue60. fc rated. Thousands of hours and a quick clean up and he put it back to work. Goes to show these posts are pointless - most oils are fine and you don’t need the shiniest most fancy stuff. That’s why I say find a decent brand you like the smell of. That’s more important imo.
Additionally, it's said that once you get through the smell, you have it licked..... I agree with that premise 100%

Good grief, almost 500 comments now and it appears this thread is turning into a pissing match as well...

Guess some folks have way too much idle time on their hands.

Interestingly however is that the diesel oil I use in both my M9000 Kubota's don't turn 'black. immediately nor does the oil in my 3406 NZ engine in my International Eagle conventional nor my 97 Ford 7.3 pickup truck for that matter. I does start to get some opacity almost immediately but turn black, nope. They all get the same lube oil, Shell Rotella T6, 5-40 flavor with the addition of 1 fluid ounce of Nano-Borate (per quart of oil at change time and new filters as well) at the oil change interval, which is yearly in the tractors as well as the pickup and Blackstone Labs tells me that when I submit a sample, the oil is just fine. I have to assume that Blackstone knows what they are doing as they are an accredited lab.

Only lube oil I have ever seen that turns almost immediately black is the lube oil in a DDEC engine in the Detroit 60 series it turns black almost immediately. The only reason I can equate to that is they have more 'blow by' that other engines. You might chew on that for a while and like I'm doing, I'll follow along... Even at 74, I can absorb things. Far as spelling goes, It's a forum, not a spelling class, if I can ascertain what the word represents, I'm good with that.

Have a wonderful day, over and out....
Agreed, 60 series are dirty pigs, but they're simple to work on and just about impossible to destroy.

No, I will not repeat due to your laziness.
No, I will not proof read every post I make. This is a chainsaw site, not a college English class.
Your back around doesn't impress me either. Mostly because you have an inability to understand simple mechanical concepts.
I am not envious of engineers at all. I would not want their job in most cases.
The number of good engineers is very small. Many are about useless. That's just how it is.

WOW- I’m exhausted with all this unrelated hash. I certainly consider myself a 70 year old noob, but won’t be asking for help on this site. It’s safer to scour thoroughly until I happen to bump into an answer.

"A long dispute means both parties are wrong." ~ Voltaire

"The human brain is a complex organ with the wonderful power of enabling man to find reasons for continuing to believe whatever it is that he wants to believe." ~ Voltaire

This thread is soooo much better than daytime soap operas, (slow golf clap).

Exactly..
I look at a college education as optional. I made dam good money in the trades during my tenure as an employee. In fact I never made less than 100 grand a year. Not bad for a high school graduate and I'm all about skilled trades anyway. I did real good, invested my money carefully and now I'm set and even this economy don't impact me much at all. In fact none. If I want something I go buy it and I hardly ever quibble about the cost either.

Just about to become an investor in a nuclear welding business and the owner is widely know for quality exotic metal TIG welding. Start up costs will be steep but the return on investment will be steep as well He's going to bid on a 3.5 million dollar job (and he will probably get it because the field is very narrow), not just anyone is nuclear certified plus he already knows all the qualified journeymen nuclear certified welders all over the United States. Pay is fantastic as is the benefits and I wish I was nuclear certified, but I'm not. He's the person who taught me TIG welding and a good friend and my wife and I told him he could count on us to invest.

Besides being certified nuclear in all exotic alloys, you have to have various security clearances to even get into a nuclear facility. Very touchy about who does what and when.

Last job he worked on I got to visit but he had to be with me constantly and I wasn't allowed in the reactor building even though it was idle. I could go up to the containment building but that was it. I find nuclear to be very interesting and it refits pay fantastic. Only one other company in the field as well.

He's been all over the globe on nuclear jobs and he's smart as a whip to boot plus a good and longtime friend. If it wasn't for him, I'd still be sticking stuff together with metal coat hangers and a gas axe. Now I can weld in all processes from TIG to MIG to stick and still Oxygen Acetylene but most times I only use the gas axe for heating and bending.

My favorite is TIG welding actually, but it's slow and I have a pulsed MIG welder which gives a TIG looking weld at 5 times the speed of TIG but it's not good for exotic metals. only steel. I also own a Shop Saber Plasma Table, a big one. Takes up half of the front shop. Have a steady workload on that. I have 2 full time employees as well and I will say, I've made money every year in business.

Nothing to do with 2 stroke oil but I feel like unloading a bit.

Back