Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Believe i quoted 1 yr max LF , but I also believe your accertion would be correct lol.

Actually Ben , Interceptor is Amsoils preferred sled injector oil . Dominator is their premix sled oil for severe Racing applications . I just have not had a lot of sucesss with it as far as clean running . Not a big issue sínce i do sled head & piston inspections hourly every few seasons , gaskets are cheap . I know a lot of folks swear by it in saws . I guess my specific sleds like Interceptor or more recently Red Armor better. I have a friend in Michigan who swears by Citgo in his 850 Patroit RMK sled. P.S. i recall 2011 - 2014 Renegades having suspect piston ring locating pin issues along with inferior crank sealing , resulting in blow by & scored pistons . Better pin design & ring metallurgy along with double lip super seals resolved these issues . Awesome trail sleds , scary acceleration for the day !
I couldn't respond to your PM for some reason, so since it's on-topic, I figured I'd answer it here. I use Dominator over Interceptor because I've always perceived Intercepter as a "liquid-cooled engine" oil - meaning, it was designed for cooler running, liquid-cooled engines, whereas Dominator is a racing oil, which means high heat, high RPM, lots of abuse - pretty much how I operate everything I own, hahaha! Since the bike is air cooled, I figured Dominator to be the next best thing to Saber.

Just a note on cleanliness of Saber vs. Dominator (or lack thereof) ... In my experience, Saber has always been cleaner in everything than the Dominator in my RD, but that could be due to the pump outputting more than is necessary. Since I have so much money into that engine, I jetted it rich, and shimmed the pump so it's always delivering A LOT of oil. I get the black spooge out from around the head pipes. Still has great compression after 7k hard miles, so it's working.:cool:

I couldn't respond to your PM for some reason, so since it's on-topic, I figured I'd answer it here. I use Dominator over Interceptor because I've always perceived Intercepter as a "liquid-cooled engine" oil - meaning, it was designed for cooler running, liquid-cooled engines, whereas Dominator is a racing oil, which means high heat, high RPM, lots of abuse - pretty much how I operate everything I own, hahaha! Since the bike is air cooled, I figured Dominator to be the next best thing to Saber.

Just a note on cleanliness of Saber vs. Dominator (or lack thereof) ... In my experience, Saber has always been cleaner in everything than the Dominator in my RD, but that could be due to the pump outputting more than is necessary. Since I have so much money into that engine, I jetted it rich, and shimmed the pump so it's always delivering A LOT of oil. I get the black spooge out from around the head pipes. Still has great compression after 7k hard miles, so it's working.:cool:
No Interceptor is just a lighter viscosity oil , designed for oil injection systems within sled , bike or 2T Atv/Utv units . It can also be utilized as a 50:1 premix oil . Its the cleanest burning of Dominator or Saber within recreational usage . In extreme service , racing or high load applications Dominators additive package seems to help within a cleaner burn . I have trialed all 3 within various bikes & sleds & even saws without any concerns . As i previously mentioned hourly teardowns don't lie . The only liability i have witnessed with Dominator was on my 850 Patroit sled (Power valve gumming) & 370 Can-Am Enduro ( Reed valve gumming) Pig dirty on both lol. Anyhow your ultralite plane testimonial with Saber is interesting !

If your spooging you are not tuned properly. I had a 84 RZ-350, and a Rd400 Daytona Special. Neither spooged with any oil I ran in them, but I also ran both as premix only.

I look at a college education as optional. I made dam good money in the trades during my tenure as an employee. In fact I never made less than 100 grand a year. Not bad for a high school graduate and I'm all about skilled trades anyway. I did real good, invested my money carefully and now I'm set and even this economy don't impact me much at all. In fact none. If I want something I go buy it and I hardly ever quibble about the cost either.
I do have a degree and almost two of them, but I currently work in a area that doesn't technically require one, although it's hard to get into anymore with out one. With that side my title makes more money than about 3/4 of the engineering department.
It was the same story when I was in Supervision. As a new supervisor I was making more money than engineers that had been there 15 years.

Thats what i run in my portéd saws !
45:1 in all my saws RA. 3 pre 90 mid sized Stihls, A 3 month old just broke in 352 Carb Stihl, couple of smaller clambakes and a bunch of old Huskies. Some ported and modded some stock. Funny thing is the little 235 husky modded is the one that never ceases to amaze me. I am by nature a Stihl guy since the mid 70's. I just got rid of about 40 old ones of all brands. I am done with tinkering. I just wanna cut wood. I know my oil works. This thread had some good info on other stuff besides opinions on 2 stroke oil. I read the whole thing because it's raining.

If your spooging you are not tuned properly. I had a 84 RZ-350, and a Rd400 Daytona Special. Neither spooged with any oil I ran in them, but I also ran both as premix only.
I spent days tuning this thing years ago. Like I said, it's rich all around to keep things cool, and to keep detonation at bay since I have the timing advanced more than most care to, but it's not pig rich. It pulls HARD. ;) Plus, starts 3 kicks no matter how many months it's been parked. 1 kick when in use, every time.

I spent days tuning this thing years ago. Like I said, it's rich all around to keep things cool, and to keep detonation at bay since I have the timing advanced more than most care to, but it's not pig rich. It pulls HARD. ;) Plus, starts 3 kicks no matter how many months it's been parked. 1 kick when in use, every time.
If running modern pump gas the heads really need to be recut on two stroke street bikes. Premium gas at the time was leaded and 98 octane.

Sunburst heads, Boyson reed valves, stuffed cranks, Wisecos,.bigger carbs, kicked back forks, lengthened swingarm. We ran them on outlaw flat tracks using avgas and Bardahl always first place even in the open class. Tires spinning and power sliding around the whole track, always leaning left front wheel to the right, third mile clay track. Geez I miss those days. Late 60's early 70's, I loved the sound of them open chambers ripping through the power band UNFORGETABLE

If running modern pump gas the heads really need to be recut on two stroke street bikes. Premium gas at the time was leaded and 98 octane.
Did that already. Bumped the compression way up by shaving them as far as I could without eliminating squish. Has a nice cloverleaf pattern on top of each piston in the carbon when you stick a scope in the plug hole. Has Banshee pistons, a rebuilt, lightened, balanced, and welded crank, "poor-man's Boyesen" reeds (YZ125 reeds with one petal chopped off), reed spacers, crossover tube, and DG pipes. I did the "Dave F. mod" to the carburetors (drilling out an air jet, changing to different needle jets) along with painstaking tuning. She goes pretty nice!

Had it up to 105 MPH with my wife on the back, socking me in the ribs to slow down, lol. It was still pulling pretty good! In first gear it'll wheelie at half throttle. Plus, I can lug it down to 2,800 RPM in 6th gear and still have plenty of torque, even 2-up. I love it!

Yeah, on the Saber cleanliness topic, my neighbor cut 10 acres of trees up here in central MA with one Stihl saw running the Saber I sold him. Never once did we have to clean any carbon out of any part of that saw, not even the exhaust screen! :cool:
Amsoil have lost a lot of customers from their advertising for Saber. I don’t like the company, how they distribute products, their terrible and inaccurate testing and the cost of the oil out here, the only thing I like about Amsoil is how clean it burns and lack of smoke I get with Saber.

IMO and experience 40-50:1 is too much oil for most ope with Saber and I found it does leave spooge, but for saws 40:1 burns clean. Anything that tends to 4 stroke fairly frequently / light load applications (hedge trimmers, line trimmers etc) I’d happily run 65:1 in.

Back