Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think you should do several things.. His home brewed tests are garbage and you're a huge putz.
You are by far in the minority in your judgement on PF, based on numerous posts I have read on this forum. I am also convinced that your technical skills are weak, and that you do not have either a science or engineering degree, and therefore are not qualified to pass judgment on anyone's test methods. You have poor communication skills and that shows in how sloppy you are with grammar, spelling and punctuation. And your lack of an apology for your death wish indicates you are a miserable excuse for a human being.

Update on Amsoil. I just picked up my tractor and UTV from service by a mechanic that works mostly on heavy equipment, such as dozers, excavators, compactors, etc. He is a huge fan of Amsoil and says that the reason many heavy equipment users don't use it is because of the cost. Some of the equipment he works on would cost $1000 or more per oil change. However, he uses it in his personal equipment. (This is not the same guy who works on a fleet of busses). For his personal 2-cycle equipment, he uses Amsoil Saber. He has been running a weed whacker at a 100:1 ratio for about 10 years with no problems, and recently tore it down to have a look inside. He saw no scoring and no carbon buildup, and there was a decent residual oil film. He uses a 50:1 ratio on his chain saws, just as I do, and for the same reason. He thinks 100 would be OK but is just a bit uncomfortable with it for heavy use; oil is cheaper than messing up the saw.

Update on Amsoil. I just picked up my tractor and UTV from service by a mechanic that works mostly on heavy equipment, such as dozers, excavators, compactors, etc. He is a huge fan of Amsoil and says that the reason many heavy equipment users don't use it is because of the cost. Some of the equipment he works on would cost $1000 or more per oil change. However, he uses it in his personal equipment. (This is not the same guy who works on a fleet of busses). For his personal 2-cycle equipment, he uses Amsoil Saber. He has been running a weed whacker at a 100:1 ratio for about 10 years with no problems, and recently tore it down to have a look inside. He saw no scoring and no carbon buildup, and there was a decent residual oil film. He uses a 50:1 ratio on his chain saws, just as I do, and for the same reason. He thinks 100 would be OK but is just a bit uncomfortable with it for heavy use; oil is cheaper than messing up the saw.
So what? I use bulk 15w-40 from work in my equipment for free and Echo oil in my 2-cycles which I bought 50% off on black Friday. Guarantee my stuff will still be running when I'm dead and gone.

You are by far in the minority in your judgement on PF, based on numerous posts I have read on this forum. I am also convinced that your technical skills are weak, and that you do not have either a science or engineering degree, and therefore are not qualified to pass judgment on anyone's test methods. You have poor communication skills and that shows in how sloppy you are with grammar, spelling and punctuation. And your lack of an apology for your death wish indicates you are a miserable excuse for a human being.
I am convinced you are an absolute trash engineer and you have little real life understanding of anything.

You are such a hard charger that will never wear out a piece of equipment in your life. You are wasting money on Scamsoil.

So what? I use bulk 15w-40 from work in my equipment for free and Echo oil in my 2-cycles which I bought 50% off on black Friday. Guarantee my stuff will still be running when I'm dead and gone.
Well, at my age, that is probably true for me, too. But it is actually cheaper for most of us to use Amsoil in 4-cycle engines mainly because of the extended oil change intervals. Probably not cheaper in 2-cycle engines, as it is consumed just as fast as others (unless you go for the 100:1 ratio, which I am simply reluctant to do.)

I am convinced you are an absolute trash engineer and you have little real life understanding of anything.
More than you do. I am convinced you would have flunked out of engineering, as you have zero understanding of the scientific method, much less the resultant technology. You trash engineers out of envy, whether you admit it or not. I remind you, everything you own was designed by engineers. And if I were a "trash engineer", how would I have multiple clients paying me $225/hour as a consultant? Almost all of my business comes from referrals by happy clients. I have done work for more than 50 clients, and that includes a few oil companies, such as Ergon, Shell and BP. I just booked another contract from an engineering firm that has contracted with me on 6 projects so far. This one involves mixing, heat transfer and mass transfer as well as some mechanical design for a series of bioreactors at several facilities.

More than you do. I am convinced you would have flunked out of engineering, as you have zero understanding of the scientific method, much less the resultant technology. You trash engineers out of envy, whether you admit it or not. I remind you, everything you own was designed by engineers. And if I were a "trash engineer", how would I have multiple clients paying me $225/hour as a consultant? Almost all of my business comes from referrals by happy clients. I have done work for more than 50 clients, and that includes a few oil companies, such as Ergon, Shell and BP. I just booked another contract from an engineering firm that has contracted with me on 6 projects so far. This one involves mixing, heat transfer and mass transfer as well as some mechanical design for a series of bioreactors at several facilities.
Wow, that's cool! You are so smart...

You are such a hard charger that will never wear out a piece of equipment in your life. You are wasting money on Scamsoil.
Well, I have worn out about 15 personal vehicles, though none were due to the engine oil failing to lubricate, though I normally used a 25000 mile oil change interval. I also wore out two tractors and several chainsaws. The saws included a non-descript Remington model, a top-handle Echo, a Stihl 038 Super and a Stihl MS441C. But I have been using synthetics for almost 50 years now. I started out with Ultron made by Pacer Lubricants. Theirs was a diester-based oil. When they stopped selling to individuals, I needed to find another brand. I found Amsoil, which uses a PAO base oil, and it has served me extremely well. The long oil change interval actually saves me money. I have only just recently started to use Amsoil Saber in my MS500i. And I do indeed expect it to outlast me, or at least outlast my ability to do the firewood work. But I still pump iron in the gym 3 days per week, plus aerobics, and I intend to keep it up as long as I can. So far, I can still handle the firewood without too much difficulty, though I am mostly limiting my rounds to 18" diameter by 22" long, though I did process some 24" hickory last year. That was pretty freaking heavy to manhandle.

Well, I have worn out about 15 personal vehicles, though none were due to the engine oil failing to lubricate, though I normally used a 25000 mile oil change interval. I also wore out two tractors and several chainsaws. The saws included a non-descript Remington model, a top-handle Echo, a Stihl 038 Super and a Stihl MS441C. But I have been using synthetics for almost 50 years now. I started out with Ultron made by Pacer Lubricants. Theirs was a diester-based oil. When they stopped selling to individuals, I needed to find another brand. I found Amsoil, which uses a PAO base oil, and it has served me extremely well. The long oil change interval actually saves me money. I have only just recently started to use Amsoil Saber in my MS500i. And I do indeed expect it to outlast me, or at least outlast my ability to do the firewood work. But I still pump iron in the gym 3 days per week, plus aerobics, and I intend to keep it up as long as I can. So far, I can still handle the firewood without too much difficulty, though I am mostly limiting my rounds to 18" diameter by 22" long, though I did process some 24" hickory last year. That was pretty freaking heavy to manhandle.
I highly doubt you wore the motors out on all that stuff...

Wow, that's cool! You are so smart...
Mensa thinks so. I joined them because of a guy like you who said I was an idiot. He lost the bet.
I highly doubt you wore the motors out on all that stuff...
I did not say I wore out the engines. I said I wore out the vehicles. But my first several vehicles used normal motor oil, and though I changed oil every 3000 miles, the engines did not make it to 200,000 miles. They got to consuming about 1 quart every 300 miles and were losing compression. When I switched to synthetic, though I usually changed oil every 25000 miles, I normally got about 250,000 miles on the vehicles, with the engines still going strong and using little oil. But the seats were worn out and the body was crappy, as well as some other problems. The exceptions were a 2003 Ford F250 with the 6.0 l diesel and a 1990-ish Chevy Suburban with the 6.5 l diesel. Those had multiple problems and I got rid of them in less than 150,000 miles.

IDK. If you include semi engines it's quite common to hit that with the same extended change intervals now in use.

Except it's not "extended" intervals. It's manufacturer standard service recommended intervals, usually 500 hrs or equivalent mileage - using the recommended oil which is almost exclusively conventional oil, minus arctic climates and of course the latest farce FA4 aka "economy" diesel engine oil standards.

IDK. If you include semi engines it's quite common to hit that with the same extended change intervals now in use.
Semi engines are built way better than light duty engines such as used in passenger cars and pickup trucks.

Except it's not "extended" intervals. It's manufacturer standard service recommended intervals, usually 500 hrs or equivalent mileage - using the recommended oil which is almost exclusively conventional oil, minus arctic climates and of course the latest farce FA4 aka "economy" diesel engine oil standards.
No, the extended are manu approved and satisfy warranty

Latest posts

Back