Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There is a lot of incorrect and contradictory information on Stihl's websites.
This one is probably one of them.

HP Super, on the other hand, is rated as ISO-L-EGD.

View attachment 1195157
https://www.stihl.fr/fr/ap/huile-de-moteur-deux-temps-hp-super-1151

Even is on the JASO list.

View attachment 1195155

Other Stihl brand oils (HP, HP Ultra) are rated as ISO-L-EGB/FB.

In Brazil, Stihl simply sells Castrol oils...

View attachment 1195163View attachment 1195166

https://www.castrol.com/pt_br/brazil/home/produtos-stihl.html

https://www.stihl.com.br/pt/projeto...-de-maquinas/lubrificante-e-conjunto-de-corte
Interesting ..now i need a translator lol.

Yes, they design the specs for the oil and let the petroleum engineers ( or whatever they are called) meet them.
Are you arguing semantics because you have nothing better to do? This is silly
Petroleum engineers drill for oil, they don't make lubricants.
I woukd wager that Stihls design engineers know next to nothing about oil..

Busted , you got me :laughing:
What's a case of Moslon Canadian going for these days?
I remember going to the beer store in Kenora, ON and filling the bed of my truck With cases for my fishing lodge.
Had to get out of there ASAP once loaded so the natives didn't get any ideas.

What's a case of Moslon Canadian going for these days?
I remember going to the beer store in Kenora, ON and filling the bed of my truck With cases for my fishing lodge.
Had to get out of there ASAP once loaded so the natives didn't get any ideas.
$25 for case of 24 bottles @ Duty Free or $ 48 for the same at the beer store . Current Provincial Licencing changes will enable beer & liquor sales within corner stores shortly . I normally go through the Duty free monthly & purchase 3 cases for the beer fridge in the shop duty free .

$25 for case of 24 bottles @ Duty Free or $ 38 for the same at the beer store . Current Provincial Licencing changes will enable beer & liquor sales within corner stores shortly . I normally go through the Duty free monthly & purchase 3 cases for the beer fridge in the shop duty free .
That's surprising. I remember it being around that price in back in the early 2000's.

That's surprising. I remember it being around that price in back in the early 2000's.
Sorry for the typo , $48 regular Beerstore Pricing for 24 bottles up North here . Yeah , its getting cheaper , due to the deregulating or privatizing program that is commencing Provincially . 30 Pack of cans are often on sale locally $54 @ Beerstore or $36 @ the Duty free . They also offer 3-5 case specials if your over 48 hrs Duty free which is the $25 a case of bottles or cheaper quote that i stated previously . P.S. During Moose Camp we often head accross into Quebec ( 20 miles) & get either Molson or Miller or Bud @ $ 24 a case lol.

Petroleum engineers drill for oil, they don't make lubricants.
I woukd wager that Stihls design engineers know next to nothing about oil..
That's why I added (or whatever they are called). I bet Stihl design engineers know how they want oil to perform in their equipment and are pretty specific. How it's put together they don't care but the testing is very precise but that is what they told me, I don't design equipment or oil.

That's why I added (or whatever they are called). I bet Stihl design engineers know how they want oil to perform in their equipment and are pretty specific. How it's put together they don't care but the testing is very precise but that is what they told me, I don't design equipment or oil.
I am sure did get a speel like that, but I also don't believe it.

I am sure did get a speel like that, but I also don't believe it.

Don't have time to write lots.

I'm on board with diver64.

Remember this is all personal preference.

If Stihl HP stinks to you, or you like something else better, then PLEASE don't use it!!!

If it works for you, great, use it!!!

Castrol is the Manufacturer in Canada , end of story as both Ben & Sean have previously advised !

According to the SDS Canadian Ultra is the same as American.

1723104001773.png

Stihl 2T Premium according to the SDS is made by BP Lubricants USA (Castrol). API TC...

1723104153238.png
1723104313889.png

That sucks. I've always heard from our brethren overseas that we have it pretty good here.

Part 103 dictates that we can't fly over populated areas (gray area there), at night, with passengers, with over 5 gallons of gasoline / petrol, and the unit can't weigh over 253 lbs. or so. That's it! No training mandatory. And we have to stay out of Class D and down airports for obvious reasons. Technically you CAN fly at a Class D, but only by prearranged permission, and you'd need a radio and be in contact with the tower.

Biggest rule is we need a flashing beacon / strobe if flying a half hour prior to sunset. That is, until someone does something stupid and it gets regulated to death, like everything else lately.
Out here you need weeks of training including radio coms and meet / pass other requirements, that alone is about $5000 plus flights and accomodation to get there, then you need insurance, and then you can’t take off in any public areas, only private land. At that point I gave up.

Good luck man. The odds of you convincing a group of rough and tumble lumberjacks and chainsaw guys about the validity of tests from a guy they don't like with a Linkedin article about some lady building a lab at her house is somewhere between zilch and nada. Good luck though.

That's coming from someone who does like Project Farm, we'll likely be changing our laundry detergent after his last video. Is it perfect testing? Of course not. Is it better testing than I would ever do myself? Absolutely.

Good luck man. The odds of you convincing a group of rough and tumble lumberjacks and chainsaw guys about the validity of tests from a guy they don't like with a Linkedin article about some lady building a lab at her house is somewhere between zilch and nada. Good luck though.

That's coming from someone who does like Project Farm, we'll likely be changing our laundry detergent after his last video. Is it perfect testing? Of course not. Is it better testing than I would ever do myself? Absolutely.
Good perspective. My point is not even that I think Project Farm does everything right. The point is that the idea that the tests cannot be good because they are not done in a large company's lab is a bogus argument. I also watched Todd's video on laundry detergent. I am thankful that my TV does not have smell capability!

Back