Best 50cc saw in the world

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've seen more spun bearings on husky's than dolmar and stihl combined. Even husky's new x torq motors are a chinese/japanese design. I have a feeling the coarse threaded bolts came from husky being in bed with poulan/zenoah. I think husky is going the same route as stihl on their lower end saws. To take a 455 rancher apart is similar to disassembling a poulan/crapsman. Husky has a good name so does stihl, don't buy their products blindly based on brand loyalty. I like the 346 and the 357/359 But based on build quality alone I wouldn't cough up the money for a new one.

I dont repair small engines so really have no qualifications in that field I cant comment on the Jap/Chineese design you refer to I hope Husky Pro saws are still made in Sweden is all I can say there the home owner grade box store variety may very well be dont know I wouldnt buy one anyway but thats me.

I do however know quite a bit about fasteners. Possibly an explaination that works for ya is this fyi a course thread bolt will take a higher torque and hold bigger loads than a fine thread bolt however there is a difference in how they hold torque, a fine thread bolt will hold its torque easier simply because it has more thread per inch in the hole.but there isnt as much bearing surface in the threads to give them a lot of strength. Plastic and magnesium cases would be soft material compared to steel so they would almost have to have course threaded fasteners fwtw.

Kansas

I dont repair small engines so really have no qualifications in that field I cant comment on the Jap/Chineese design you refer to I hope Husky Pro saws are still made in Sweden is all I can say there the home owner grade box store variety may very well be dont know I wouldnt buy one anyway but thats me.

I do however know quite a bit about fasteners. Possibly an explaination that works for ya is this fyi a course thread bolt will take a higher torque and hold bigger loads than a fine thread bolt however there is a difference in how they hold torque, a fine thread bolt will hold its torque easier simply because it has more thread per inch in the hole.but there isnt as much bearing surface in the threads to give them a lot of strength. Plastic and magnesium cases would be soft material compared to steel so they would almost have to have course threaded fasteners fwtw.

Kansas

Oh I agree with you as far as torque load goes. These are coarse thread self tappers. The pilot holes aren't tapped on the cases you just run the self tapper in and that's it. And when I'm talking lower end the smaller xp's fit that category 346 xp 357xp. I hope the good saws are made in Sweden too well at least assembled there.

Fred, just out of curiosity now its been mentioned just how exactly does Dolmar assemble of their cases whats the process just for the hell of it also id like to know and what type fasteners do they use and why?

Also what is the advantage of their process over another brand say Husky or Stihl in real production terms etc not personal opinion?

Kansas

They say Echo's the name in those:) Seriously. Might check out what Redmax has too. Wait a minute...I was trying to talk you into buying a Stihl and here I am trying to talk you out of it:dizzy::greenchainsaw:

I almost kept the one 360 I sent. Is that close enough?

CT's future pop-up/piped 5100 will make the World "Champnichip" victory stand fo show:greenchainsaw:

<embed width="448" height="361" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" src="http://i701.photobucket.com/player.swf?file=http://vid701.photobucket.com/albums/ww11/CHEVYTOWN/VIDS/Area51-2.flv">

Latest posts

Back