Brand new 044

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I WOULDNT WAIT TIL FRIDAY TO BUY IT. ID OWN IT BY 9 AM TOMORROW MORNING.

Note: you have brought it to the attention of all of AS that there is a NIB 044 at a dealer for $600. There can't be that many Stihl Dealers in Maryland. I wouldnt sleep tonight if I had just divulged such. I have a 440 Arctic, I wouldn't consider an offer of 2 times that dealers price for mine. Wouldnt give it a second thought. And mine isn't nos... mint but not nos.
more than you think. i just looked. :laughing: just kidding .hope you get the saw mv7fd

Should I even open the box to take pictures of it?
for top dollar NO, I have seen NOS saws in a box where the tape is yellowed and peeled off. In that case pics would be better of everything out of the box with unboxing pics.
But if it is really still sealed up, I would leave the unboxing to the new owner as long as you have a receipt from your dealer in case something is amiss.
I wonder if they make a Mylar sleeve in the size of an 044 box :)
nope not OCD at all and I certainly didn't buy two more 1128s last night sitting in the parking lot at the Apple store waitin on my wife :)

One box of dirty socks, a wad of toilet paper (slightly used) and an old nudy mag I found under my bed at my parents house last time I went over there. ( most of the pages aren't stuck together). :cheers:
:happy:

http://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/372xpg.275714/

I got it in the original box, with all the paperwork and tool kit. Box had been opened. I paid $1100 and didn't give it a second thought. What the 372 is to Husq guys, the 044 is to Stihl guys. I hope that saw ends up in the hands of Definitive Dave or some avid Stihl guy that will really appreciate it. For a guy that is looking for a 70cc saw to use, they should buy a current rendering or a used saw. That saw belongs in a collection not the bed of a truck.

I just talked to the dealer in order for him to give a warranty with the saw it has to be opened so he can get the serial number

I just talked to the dealer in order for him to give a warranty with the saw it has to be opened so he can get the serial number
ON the phone? or in person? You need to get down there. Id call in sick to work (actually I wouldnt.... work for myself) but Id probably have to take the rest of the day off.:lol:

not sure on the older stuff but all the new stuff has the serial number on the box...but ive never seen a nib 044 before.

Back