Can't seem to get safety chain to cut

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And once you get about a third off the cutting tooth, take the guide down a little too. You'll find the right combination to make it feel like it's cutting new.

that chain looks like a bunch of upside down spoons like it has been rocked ,you need to file past the curved off part to get into good cutter again
That's why I was thinking people have been bringing me chains that look like that quite a bit lately....... just have to cut back to a good part of the tooth

To follow up my angles where a little off nothing a few passes with the file couldnt fix. I think I finally got the angles right on the grinder. I just need to put another chain on the grinder but I am having a hard time doing that unless I hit a nail or a rock. It is faster to touch up the chain with a file after I am done cutting. Speaking of which I have been cutting every evening this past week since I have access to some tops for the time being. It used to be a chore to cut with dull chain since I was muscling the saw through the wood. Now it is just a pleasure and I spend more time loading the truck then cutting. Before it was like a 50/50 split of my time. To think I thought the saws was under powered because it was it wasn't cutting well. instead it was the dull chain.

Latest posts

Back