Charity Cut - WAUKEE, IOWA

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Updated list: (I think!) :)
sam-tip
Homelite410
Steve NW WI (+ helpers?)
mx_racer428
heimannm ??
Oliver1655
moody
workshop & mrs. workshop
hoskvarna (if not in the field)
nstueve
srcarr52 ??
Ronaldo (if not in the field)
Stu's Xtreme Trees

Only 16 more days!! I'm stocking up on peanut butter! Come hungry!!!

I think mike is bringing his FIL for a helper. Last time I knew anyway.

Mostly oak I assume or what are we talking here?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

where are we splitting back in the tree lot or up on the pad/gravel? Guessing on the pad?

The smurfs will be with me in full force. Do I need to bring the splitter? It's nothing special just a Honda 5hp from Northern but it gets the job done. No racks or lift to get in the way either.

Thinking the back lot in the tree nursery. That is were the logs are now. I have opened up a pretty large area for the bucking trailer, splitters and dump trailers. Final setup will depend on wind direction. To keep the wood chips away from drifting onto the splitter operators. Hard to say about splitters because I don't know what everyone has. I have the super split. Alex has a very nice multi wedge monster hydro splitter. The ideal setup is two super splits and two bad ass hydro splitters. Then pull the dump trailers next to the splitters for easy tossing of splits. Current forecast is for sunny and high of 72 with SSE wind at 6 mph but the forecast was for rain two days ago.

u6ujadev.jpg

3apuneju.jpg

So how many Friday night campers do w have?

I'll start the list.

Homelite410
Mx_racer428

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If so he will have put some major hours/miles on the road traveling over a month's period. o_O

Last I heard he was going to try to make the spring fest in Cabool, Mo this coming weekend. Awol & his family are very active participants in this activity. :clap: There will be chainsaw racing for fun Saturday, early afternoon. No fee, plaques/ribbons for prizes. This will be a great opportunity to try your hand a chainsaw racing. If you don't have a saw to race, I believe there will be loaner saws available. :rock:

Alas, I won't be able to make it down there. But I WILL BE at the Waukee, Ia. charity cut the following weekend! After that my traveling to chainsaw events will take a break until this fall so I can get stuff done at home. At least that is my intention. :rolleyes: Never know what God has planned. ;)

Back