Christmas Ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rootbeer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi!! I will be needing some help. The man I keep company with is nuts about chainsaws, I know he checks this site dailey. He has a couple of saws that he bought used and wants to break them down to learn more about them. I know he has the basic tools but there are a few I think he wants or needs. Tach, flywheel pull something about a degree. I know he bought a book from amazon titled "chiansaw service manual 10th addition" he has also stated he needs a little more info than that one book. I would like some ideas as to websites and tools you think he needs to perform these tasks at hand. As far as i can see he has some stihl saws, husqvarna saws and a homelite zip?? These saws either don't run or he wants to restore them. I know he buys them from the dealer he goes to but I think he wants or needs these tools I have mentioned. I am also open to a tool kit.

I would like to spend about 450-500 on these gifts. I just need to now where to look and order.

Thank you,

Elaine

If there is one web site where I can order it all please advise me.

Tachometer

You can get a good quality one for about $75 in generic brands.
Make sure you get one that goes to 20,000 RPM

Hi Elaine, if you are looking for tools specifically for Stihl or Husky, try Commercial Cutters Direct at 1-800-611-8486, anyone who answers the phone should be able to help you, but if you would like to deal with another female, Patty is gauranteed to be able to help. Try this link, Commercial Cutters . Cutters Choice, Bailey`s, Madsen`s, and Lawnandgardenparts.com also have tools. I`m sure there are many others, just wanted to list a few that I find reliable. Keep in mind that many of the tools will cross over between brands also, meaning that you don`t need to buy a Stihl flywheel puller for example. Russ

Latest posts

Back