Does Stihl=Ford and Husky=Chevy?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 78 Chevy...

I'm aware of the differences between 1/2 tons, 3/4 tons and such.

For years GM has put 6 lug wheels on 1/2 tons and 8 lug wheels on 3/4 tons...

I have recently aquired a '78 GMC K-something? it has 6 lug wheels and 3.300m wheel base. Am I correct in identifying it as a K-1500 long wheel base? GVWR is 6200 (GAWR is 3580 front and 3580 rear). Pardon my ignorance (I'm a kiwi) but I've always admired the american ute (truck) and now got one :blob2: :blob4: whatever it is :dizzy: HA... and I like the big square shape!

So GMC K-? truck/Ford XR6T sedan/Jonsered 2095/Solo 637/Stihl FS550 (that are living)

I have recently aquired a '78 GMC K-something? it has 6 lug wheels and 3.300m wheel base. Am I correct in identifying it as a K-1500 long wheel base? GVWR is 6200 (GAWR is 3580 front and 3580 rear). Pardon my ignorance (I'm a kiwi) but I've always admired the american ute (truck) and now got one :blob2: :blob4: whatever it is :dizzy: HA... and I like the big square shape!

So GMC K-? truck/Ford XR6T sedan/Jonsered 2095/Solo 637/Stihl FS550 (that are living)

Sounds like a 1/2 ton to me.

My old truck had a 3400 front and 7400 rear axle. Never could get it to sit level :)

Sounds like a 1/2 ton to me.

My old truck had a 3400 front and 7400 rear axle. Never could get it to sit level :)

Let's see. I have a 67 Ford, a 85 Chevy, a 89 GMC, and a 98 Dodge. For saw's I have Husqvarna, Dolmar, Jonsered, and Solo. I sold my Stihl last year, but that's ok I sold a Ford too.

Saw's are like trucks.......Who cares what it says across the tailgate as long as it gets you and your load from point A to point B and back to point A again, and you can easily get parts for them.

Andy

I drive a Mitsubischi!! :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

am I allowed to own a saw :monkey: :monkey:

7sleeper

I am not trying to start a problem [i.e. which is better (that is already clear)] but I have begun to notice around me that people who use Stihl saws also usually drive Ford trucks, and that Husky people drive Chevy. I am just wondering is this an anomaly from my small sample or is there something going on here?

For the record I drive an 82 Chevy and run Huskys and Jonsereds

hmm.

Only have a Husky weedwacker, my Mom gave as a present. Many stihl saws and many chevy/GM products (stihl have my 68 rs/ss camaro). Even my 67 CJ5 has a buick v6 motor.

I try not to Fix Or Repair Daily or be Found On Road Dead.

Back