Falling pics 11/25/09

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some random snaps from a job I started on friday only cut one tree all day that my bar tip stuck out of, big wood for my area. Ran the 2172 for the first time and it was impressive, lots of power and light as a feather compared to the 2188. Was a little slow for my tastes when going through oak though

EDIT: pictures turned out huge not sure what happened oh well...

fiber pull pron!

the evidence

and for all you low stump junkies (Goosed out up to about 6 ft)

Makin plywood!

obligatory ugly mug shot

stay safe!

Last edited:
When I walked up on it I thought it fell over early again... and wedges with a tree that is 150' tall with a breeze going the wrong way just seemed like a good idea.

The next one I fell the wind had picked up a little bit and I ended up hiking out to get my jacks after stuffing every wedge I had in it. It was a wee bit bigger too.

I'll have to take a selfie some day when I'm done. Especially this time of year. Usually consists of beard icicles full of saw dust and snot. Dust usually freezes/sticks to my lips too. When I'm done cutting I have to kind of chew it off. I forgot about the icicles one day when I was finishing up and a nearby landowner stopped while I was tossin my gear in my truck. He had a weird look on his face the entire time I was talking to him. Usually my outer shirt is plastered full of **** too. My pants stay fairly clean this time of year though, just wet. Winter is the only time of year I wear chaps. They are ugly. But yeah, my face usually has a darker look to it after sittin in the skidder all day. The wife can always tell if I've had a ****** day by lookin at my finger nails. Clean=productive. Black=******.

1504541_10201294596542330_1597894606_n.jpg
I had to fill in on a different crew today, and they had this baby set up for a walk log. Didn't get to fall or skid this one, but I got some of his cousins!

log_zpsc4787b15.jpg

1504541_10201294596542330_1597894606_n.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back