Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Doh! My bad!
i seen them rings on evilbay. But thought they were kind of steep.
What is this "the greek" you speak of? I didnt see them? Have a link?

Here you go young Jacob. They're even 'on sale' right now!

Piston Ring Set for HOMELITE Super 1130G, 1050 - 1130 G [#56291] | eBay

Twas the reason the previous owner gave in regards to why it didn't run. He had a couple of Partner cut-off saws also and seemed to have a good grasp on the mechanical world with all the other toys he had. He has a 5.9 Cummins he runs on both bio and waste oil.....interesting and knowledgeable guy!!

Great pictures of the oak tree buck up!! What model/year is the old flat fender ranch jeep?? :rock::msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

It belongs to the ranch owner. IIRC he said it was a 1946 or 1947 Willys CJ2A. Basically the first of the civilian Jeeps. Original powertrain. His FIL (who used to own the ranch) bought it new. We drove around the ranch with it. Runs like a top. Has the military style UDT tires on it.

What have you all been using for an in tank fuel line for an XL-925? PN 65593A

Found one on evilbay at 19 USD.........Yikes!

I need two. One for the 925 and another to replace my cobbled up mess on the XL-800.

Carl.

I haven't had to replace mine yet. Does your saw have the large 'pass thru' hole in the tank that either takes a fat molded line, or a grommet with 'regular' line passing through it (like a later SXL)? There's a guy on ebay selling the grommets for $4 or so.

I haven't had to replace mine yet. Does your saw have the large 'pass thru' hole in the tank that either takes a fat molded line, or a grommet with 'regular' line passing through it (like a later SXL)? There's a guy on ebay selling the grommets for $4 or so.

Yup.

Went shoppin' at my local Ace hardware and found a grommet that fit very tight for $1.29 in the electrical dept.. Plan on filling the counterbore with 3M weatherstrip glue. Should be good for a long time. I'll post the size later when I get one for the 800.

Now to fix the carb..

Here you go young Jacob. They're even 'on sale' right now!

Piston Ring Set for HOMELITE Super 1130G, 1050 - 1130 G [#56291] | eBay

You da man!
Put the saw back together to see what else i was going to need.
Looks like i need a gas line, spark plug boot, recoil cup, rings, and the other line of some sort going to the cylinder. Should be a fun project! :dizzy:

O yea! Picture
sy9ajaze.jpg

150 custom?

Hey guys, just picked up another 150 today for $10. Guy said that it did not run but I took it home and it runs just fine. Very very dirty tho. This will be my 4th 150, and out of all the 150s I have ever seen, I have never seen one like this. This one has the hand guard and bucking spikes. The bar also is a plunge bar with nor sprocket. 16in. I know that he Super Ezs have these, but never seen a 150 with a hand guard and bucking spikes. Any info? Thanks View attachment 251465

Hey guys, just picked up another 150 today for $10. Guy said that it did not run but I took it home and it runs just fine. Very very dirty tho. This will be my 4th 150, and out of all the 150s I have ever seen, I have never seen one like this. This one has the hand guard and bucking spikes. The bar also is a plunge bar with nor sprocket. 16in. I know that he Super Ezs have these, but never seen a 150 with a hand guard and bucking spikes. Any info? Thanks View attachment 251465

I sold one a couple of weeks ago that had the hand guard but no spikes. Generally the 150 has the cast in spikes, I'm wondering if that one came new on the saw or was owner added.

Finally made progress.

I Got the 'Arkie-Saw' XL-925 and the 'Picked from a Pile' C5 to cut a little this morning. New gaskets and rubber goods in the carbs. did the trick along with the magneto from Aaron for the C5.

attachment.php

Either the clutch is weak or the .404" chain on the C5 has the rakers too low. He was easy to stall the chain but not the engine.

The idle on the 925 wants to wander about but he runs/cuts fine at WOT. He may need crankshaft seals.

Gads, look how much larger the C5 is..................................................

I Got the 'Arkie-Saw' XL-925 and the 'Picked from a Pile' C5 to cut a little this morning. New gaskets and rubber goods in the carbs. did the trick along with the magneto from Aaron for the C5.

attachment.php

Either the clutch is weak or the .404" chain on the C5 has the rakers too low. He was easy to stall the chain but not the engine.

The idle on the 925 wants to wander about but he runs/cuts fine at WOT. He may need crankshaft seals.

Gads, look how much larger the C5 is..................................................

Louder too.

I sold one a couple of weeks ago that had the hand guard but no spikes. Generally the 150 has the cast in spikes, I'm wondering if that one came new on the saw or was owner added.

I looked at it real good today and it looks like the guard was put on by the owner. Spikes look factory but they also could have been put on by the owner. Very easy to modify those. All it takes is a drill and a few small bolts. I have to tear that thing down anyways. That throttle sticks really bad and it is overdue for a new line and a good carb cleaning. When I tear it down and get it all cleaned up, I can get a better look at it. If it was homemade, they did a damn good job.

attachment.php

My C-5 slips the clutch as well:msp_mad: and it has 3/8 on it. I'm thinking the clutch is tired. Last time I cut with it I think it was actually smoking:msp_ohmy:

My C-5 slips the clutch as well:msp_mad: and it has 3/8 on it. I'm thinking the clutch is tired. Last time I cut with it I think it was actually smoking:msp_ohmy:

Tinkered a bit this morning and it appears I am too generous with the drum bearing grease. Wiped it out with solvent and leaned out the H.S. jet a tad and he is less inclined to slip.

Also, it occured to me I could make a six shoe clutch out of two of thease.

attachment.php

Super XL Running Rough

Bought a newer Super XL today. Fires right up and runs great at high speed, but runs weird when it should be idling. First of all, when you release the throttle, the chain will continue to spin very fast for 15-20 seconds. Then it will idle with the chain completely stopped for 3 seconds fine, then idle rough and die. I messed with the low speed and got the chain to stop when the throttle is released and it idles fine. But after you give it gas again and then let off the gas that chain will keep spinning. Not sure whats wrong here.
Funny thing is that the idle jet has been set, then someone glued it in place. :bang: Probably kept vibrating lose on them. Not sure. That idle jet will not budge is what I do know. Also was missing the spikes. Luckily I had a parts Super XL laying around will spikes on it. Ok, so when I went to pop off the clutch cover, it would not budge with both the nuts off. Had to keep working at it. When I finally got it off, I took a close look at it and it is bent. :mad2: How did someone manage to do that? Luckily, that parts XL had a good clutch cover. Long story short, this red saw looks weird with a blue clutch cover. Everything else on it seems to be in tact and looks like it works like it should (Other than the runny 5W-30 oil that should have been bar and chain oil)
What would you guys recommend with that weird idling? Probably break that jet lose...but how? Thanks View attachment 252065

Latest posts

Back