Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

The Arkie-Saw runs.

Big box from Arkansas in the mail yesterday. Started cleaning on him last night when we got back from Sparks, Ks. flea market. He has lots of issues to clear up but managed to get him running late this afternoon.

attachment.php

Not shown is my cobbled fuel line. :msp_scared: It will be Tuesday before I can get fuel line material, pull rope and a carb. kit.

What are you guys using for the grommet at the fuel tank?

SXL-925 with solid state coil (the black one) and a Tilly made in Tralee, Ireland(!) with governor.

Sooooooo much more entertainment than a Husky 340.

Big box from Arkansas in the mail yesterday. Started cleaning on him last night when we got back from Sparks, Ks. flea market. He has lots of issues to clear up but managed to get him running late this afternoon.

Not shown is my cobbled fuel line. :msp_scared: It will be Tuesday before I can get fuel line material, pull rope and a carb. kit.

SXL-925 with solid state coil (the black one) and a Tilly made in Tralee, Ireland(!) with governor.

P1010429.jpg

That they are Carl. This was my first time out with my SXL-925W after I installed the manual oiler plunger that you sent me.:D

Xl700

Any love for these out there in Homie Land? I have a line on a runner that's a red/blue combo and have no idea what to offer the guy.
Could it possibly be a nice addition to my slowly growing Homelite stable? (Yeah, I'm starting to like/appreciate the older stuff more and more these days. Silly me, huh?)

:cheers:

TIA for any feedback.

Any love for these out there in Homie Land? I have a line on a runner that's a red/blue combo and have no idea what to offer the guy.
Could it possibly be a nice addition to my slowly growing Homelite stable? (Yeah, I'm starting to like/appreciate the older stuff more and more these days. Silly me, huh?)

:cheers:

TIA for any feedback.

Good saws. They're the first generation of the XL700/800/900 saws such as the SXL-925 Carl pictured above (and my SXL-925W in the next pic).

attachment.php

I'm glad you like it and that it has a new home where it will be appreciated. Nice to hear you've already got it running!

Hommie coil pack inquiry;

In this earlier post I covered a new tool I've acquired;
http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/101147-383.htm#post3811391

It needs a coil pack and I think the coil pack was used on the 450/550/750 saws!?? If there are other models that used that coil pack please respond with that information.

Anyways if anyone has a spare used / known to be good coil pack I would be interested as I would like to get the Hommie demo saw up and functional.

BTW.........the saw had been sitting for years and has quite a layer of good old Arizona dust on it............I do not think that is concrete dust that is seen in the pictures in the previous post.

Last edited:
In this earlier post I covered a new tool I've acquired;
http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/101147-383.htm#post3811391

It needs a coil pack and I think the coil pack was used on the 450/550/750 saws!?? If there are other models that used that coil pack please respond with that information.

Anyways if anyone has a spare used / known to be good coil pack I would be interested as I would like to get the Hommie demo saw up and functional.

BTW.........the saw had been sitting for years and has quite a layer of good old Arizona dust on it............I do not think that is concrete dust that is seen in the pictures in the previous post.

Get into ebay 'chainsaw parts and accessories' and search "Homelite coil". I see a lot of very similar coils listed for a wide range of saws.

Don't discount other brands either. Wico and Phelon were/are the big players in OPE magnetos.

Carl.

Good search ideas.........

Get into ebay 'chainsaw parts and accessories' and search "Homelite coil". I see a lot of very similar coils listed for a wide range of saws.

Don't discount other brands either. Wico and Phelon were/are the big players in OPE magnetos.

Carl.

Thanks, Carl, for your good search ideas. Hadn't been aware that other saws used the coil pack ignition setup. I'm hopeful something will turn up that is a known good item. :msp_unsure::msp_thumbup:

Good saws. They're the first generation of the XL700/800/900 saws such as the SXL-925 Carl pictured above (and my SXL-925W in the next pic).

Thanks for the response. Was hoping to go put an eyeball on it last evening, but get this...
...the guy mis-typed his own phone number in the ad for his big sale and some other poor dude was getting hammered all day with phone calls about it.:dizzy:

BTW, looks like ya sorta nailed your fence pretty good playin' around with that 925! :jester:

Carl.

Thanks, Carl, for your good search ideas. Hadn't been aware that other saws used the coil pack ignition setup. I'm hopeful something will turn up that is a known good item. :msp_unsure::msp_thumbup:

Carl's advice here is good for 'most' old saws when looking for coils. However, the 350/360/450/550/650/750 Homelites have a unique ignition setup that I don't think was used by any other manufacturer. Others may have used that 'style' (coil pack on top of the spark plug), but I don't believe anyone else used those exact parts. I think you're limited to the '50 series' Homelites when looking for a replacement coil pack. Why do you believe that you need a replacement?

Thanks for the response. Was hoping to go put an eyeball on it last evening, but get this...
...the guy mis-typed his own phone number in the ad for his big sale and some other poor dude was getting hammered all day with phone calls about it.:dizzy:

BTW, looks like ya sorta nailed your fence pretty good playin' around with that 925! :jester:

LOL. The ranch owner and I are both kicking ourselves for not taking any "before the cutting" pictures. That big 'ol oak fell on the fence and smashed it down (on it's own......before we got near it with the saws). We bucked the whole thing up. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pics until the cutting was just about done.....:bang:

P1010427.jpg

P1010428.jpg

Here are a couple more "after" pics.....

How about some props for the little XL. Quite a departure from my big gear drives to work on this matchbox saw. Despite not hearing many positives about this saw, it was actually fairly easy to work on and has OK power. (At first I thought it sucked until I read it has something like 26cc. Had to set my expectations a little lower.) New oil lines, fuel lines, new duckbill valves, and a new chain and it runs pretty good. Sure likes to leak oil like there's no tomorrow. Thanks to a member here for providing a muffler assembly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm going to go tear down a 775G to shake off this little fella.

Chris B.

How about some props for the little XL. Quite a departure from my big gear drives to work on this matchbox saw. Despite not hearing many positives about this saw, it was actually fairly easy to work on and has OK power. (At first I thought it sucked until I read it has something like 26cc. Had to set my expectations a little lower.) New oil lines, fuel lines, new duckbill valves, and a new chain and it runs pretty good. Sure likes to leak oil like there's no tomorrow. Thanks to a member here for providing a muffler assembly.

attachment.php

attachment.php

I'm going to go tear down a 775G to shake off this little fella.

Chris B.

Yup, SOP is to loosen the oil fill cap to relieve the tank pressure when parking it.

I like 'em with a 12" bar.

SXL-925 clutch/sprocket drum?

Can someone give me a good number for a sprocket or rim drive drum? Baileys is no help and neither is the Oregon website.

Also can I pull the clutch shoes w/springs off of the center spider without creating a "OMFG How am I going to get them back in?"

I need a clear shot with my BFH and punch.

Can someone give me a good number for a sprocket or rim drive drum? Baileys is no help and neither is the Oregon website.

Also can I pull the clutch shoes w/springs off of the center spider without creating a "OMFG How am I going to get them back in?"

I need a clear shot with my BFH and punch.

Do you have the three shoe or six shoe clutch Carl?

In case you don't already have this:

http://www.mediafire.com/?1dlkv4unh3tu5t1

Last edited:
I have only a few Homelites in my collection as the interesting ones (old and big) are very rare in europe.
finally I found a real nice 2000auto this week, but as you can see it's missing the starter assy. Chances to find such a part over here are nearly inexistant, so if anyone can help me out finding one, it would really be appreciated. Do starters from other model fit this saw possibly ?

Here's the pics. The saw has very good compression an has obviously not run much.

2000b.jpg

2000starter.jpg

Nice 2000 Roland. Wish i could help with the starter.
I believe they're some on ebay.
The 2100, 1050, 1130 and many others will interchange.
As long as they use the dog's on the flywheel and not the
over run bearing type.

Lee

Back