Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't feed the bears............................................................................

images

Aaron is a helpful guy...:cheers::cheers:

Does anyone know if a bar and chain off from a CS-40 will fit on a SXLAO? Have a buddy with a junk CS40 but it has a almost brand new 20" bar and chain on it, he said I can have the bar and chain if I want it.

Does anyone know if a bar and chain off from a CS-40 will fit on a SXLAO? Have a buddy with a junk CS40 but it has a almost brand new 20" bar and chain on it, he said I can have the bar and chain if I want it.

6.4mm bar slot on the CS-40 vs 9.5mm on the SXL, so not even close!

An SXL-AO takes an Oregon D096 or D196 mount.

I think if you print the page with the mount from the Acres site, the image is actual size.

That being said, the CS-40 takes an A061 mount.

It looks to me like extensive machining would need to be done to make it work.

6.4mm bar slot on the CS-40 vs 9.5mm on the SXL, so not even close!

Thanks. I figured it woudl not work :). I have a bar box that says that the Oregon D72 or 70 (one of the two) will fit the Super XL, XL-12 etc. It says that it will also fit the "C series". Now I don't know about you but that looks like it will not fit any C series saw. Especially since most are .404. So I did not know if Oregon meant CS series by saying C. Hard to tell these days.

Thanks. I figured it woudl not work :). I have a bar box that says that the Oregon D72 or 70 (one of the two) will fit the Super XL, XL-12 etc. It says that it will also fit the "C series". Now I don't know about you but that looks like it will not fit any C series saw. Especially since most are .404. So I did not know if Oregon meant CS series by saying C. Hard to tell these days.

The bars for the C5/7/9 (Oregon F014)saws were wider than even the XL series (Oregon D096 D196).

Xl923

I picked up a decent looking XL923 and found the clutch in need of help. All (6) of the shoes were sheared! I managed to locate another set of shoes, and was expecting them to be used. They were NOS! I'm now waiting for a carb kit and fuel lines....

The bars for the C5/7/9 (Oregon F014)saws were wider than even the XL series (Oregon D096 D196).

Yep. D096/D196/UXL mount bars intended for the XL series are NOT useable on the C-series saws.........despite what's written in many catalogs and other places. Tail profile is all wrong, oiler holes are too close to centerline.

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...c0ac3eaf85163b9c88256e0e001fa1fe?OpenDocument

http://www.acresinternet.com/cscc.n...94a3716c6610934188256e0e001fc426?OpenDocument

Yes indeed little brother. It will be good to see you next week.

It sure will Randy. I'm looking forward to seeing you again, as well as meeting Ms P and Fraser. Seeing older brother Bob (who shot that pic of me giving you 'help' while you did the tailpipe-ecktomy on the 'Chero) again will also be a treat.:D

You should consider replacing that Found On the Road Dead with a '59 El Camino. It would hold a few more saws and be more reliable to boot. :msp_wink:

Bah. The 'Chero was still running fine here. Was just a bit louder, with a dragging tailpipe. Randy bashed the rusty tailpipe/muffler on this dirt road and broke it. Not a reliability problem. I like all old NA Iron..........with top preference going to IHC, then Ford, then GM.....and then Mopar. Stude and the other 'extinct' brands ft somewhere in the mix. My days of Ford/Chebby rivalry are long behind me. I give thumbs up to guys driving all old NA Iron. That gets me funny looks from Chebby drivers when they see me giving them a thumbs up while driving a 2011 Ford....:D

Back