Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

I have a question for the Homie Guru's. My buddy bought a big lot of old 750 homies 2 complete, 1 hot saw 90%, 3-4 carcasses, along with enough other parts to build them back. here's the question though in one of the boxes there are a couple of nos cylinder/piston kits and a package of 25 cast rings. the rings don't fit the big pistons that are in the kit but I was able to make out the following info from the original paper packaging written in ink pen was the following:

Homelite Textron Rings
c-10-2
xhbd-314
9586901-could be (9806901) this one was where it got tricky to make out

I have some old service manuals I am going to dig up today on the old Homie's but I dont think It has IPLS in it, not sure though. Anybody have some old IPL's that they can tell what model saw these came from cause other than having a dusting of surface rust these things are brand new.

i know he has plans for the 750's and the parts wont be easy to get him to come off of but if he cant use these rings I'm sure some probably can.

Any info will be much appreciated.

A recent arrival

It gets along well with my Macs ...

Will be getting updated with a different chain (this is yucky old Vanguard) and a sprocket/rim setup.

GEDC1210_zps064c7c99.jpg

GEDC1211_zps0d14d3b7.jpg

GEDC1203_zps27c3a0ad.jpg

On the subject of just how far off a yeller saw can be, here's another that just ain't right. Amazing the extent they went to in advertisements to hide identity.

P1000836_zps7f83670d.jpg

Dan

On the subject of just how far off a yeller saw can be, here's another that just ain't right. Amazing the extent they went to in advertisements to hide identity.

Dan

Not only that, but also trying to convince the reader that cookie-cutting is 'high speed production'?

:hmm3grin2orange:

Not only that, but also trying to convince the reader that cookie-cutting is 'high speed production'?

:hmm3grin2orange:

How to properly cut cookies. :jester:

titan65008.jpg

titan65010.jpg

Please remember, at the same time this was recomended 4 out of 5 doctors also recomened Camel's for smother taste.:msp_biggrin:

Aaron, you did not i.d. the homie staying warm under the yellow.:msp_wink:

I couldn't quite ID it on my phone screen at the time. My "that's just wrong" comment was directed at your mistreatment of that old beast.........................which I now can see is an XP1020A by the way...:D

P1000836_zps7f83670d.jpg

Dan

That's a sinful thing to do to a 2100-S. At least they didn't make it orange and white.....:censored:

I couldn't quite ID it on my phone screen at the time. My "that's just wrong" comment was directed at your mistreatment of that old beast.........................which I now can see is an XP1020A by the way...:D

That's a sinful thing to do to a 2100-S. At least they didn't make it orange and white.....:censored:

it's funny that is just how they got loaded. i did not know how that shot came out till i downloaded the pics,. thought it was a funny random moment.:msp_biggrin: and yea the yellows tend to gang up on the others now and then.;)

C52

I've been working on an XL923 and a C52. The clutch shoes were sheared (6 bronze looking shoes) in the 923, so shoes were ordered and arrived. While waiting, I was looking a bit at the C52. I'm wanting to run .404 on a short bar, so took a look at the spur sprocket (7T 3/8) and then the clutch. I was surprised to NOT find a clutch similar to the xl923, but with 3 shoes. Instead, it has 3 BIG shoes that make as much contact as the XL923s 6! Another surprise was that the C52 has an inboard clutch vs the outboard setup on the xl923.

I found an older, but new Oregon 19" .063 hardnose bar. It wasn't spcifically the F014 mount, but may be similar enough to work. The carb kit was delivered, and I bought both 3/16"ID rubber and Tygon fuel line, so need to get those changed. I've also found clutch drum that takes rim sprockets, so will be able to experiment with 3/8-7, 3/8-8, and .404-7.

I need to make a spanner to remove the XL923's clutch carrier. I have a carb kit for it as well.

Back