Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Photo0618.jpg

Stack of Homelite please.

Hi Tim,

I can't remember the site that holds many ipls for homelite, I think it's a mower parts supplier, can you remember?
Looking for an IPL for my new XL76.

Thanks,

Lee:confused:

You are going to need the UT number.................."K&T Parts House Lawn Mower Parts and Chain Saw & Trimmer Parts"

Yep. that's the site.
Lee,
Since the XL-76 appaears to have been a Canadian saw I don't think you will have much luck finding a IPL for that model.
I think The US version imight be an XL-123.
Maybe one of the Homelite experts can help you with that one

Thanks

Yep. that's the site.
Lee,
Since the XL-76 appaears to have been a Canadian saw I don't think you will have much luck finding a IPL for that model.
I think The US version imight be an XL-123.
Maybe one of the Homelite experts can help you with that one

Thanks guys that is really useful. I must bookmark that site. The 76 is a little bigger than the 1xx series Homies, same size as the Super auto at 58 odd cc. This one's going to be a very nice runner, P&C are PRISTINE!

Lee

2 New photos

Thanks guys that is really useful. I must bookmark that site. The 76 is a little bigger than the 1xx series Homies, same size as the Super auto at 58 odd cc. This one's going to be a very nice runner, P&C are PRISTINE!

Lee

New carb kit, fuel line, fuel filter and a tidy-up. Fired and ran on the 6th pull, idles nicely and accelerates sloothly. Haven't had it in wood yet but looks and feels very good. It is nicely balanced with the 16" bar.

View attachment 277958View attachment 277959

How could one have more fun for $20.00?

Regards,

Lee

That's like the later SXL-925 and XL-98 cylinders. Smaller, unbridged exhaust port.......where the earlier cylinders had a larger port with a bridge. Didn't hurt the power any. My late SXL925W is a STRONG bugger.

That's like the later SXL-925 and XL-98 cylinders. Smaller, unbridged exhaust port.......where the earlier cylinders had a larger port with a bridge. Didn't hurt the power any. My late SXL925W is a STRONG bugger.

I will be looking forward to what you think about the 82cc Homies compared to your incoming 4900 and 5200.

I will be looking forward to what you think about the 82cc Homies compared to your incoming 4900 and 5200.

As do I Tim..:D

I've compared the 82cc Macs with the Homelites already. My SXL-925W has a bit more more 'grunt' than my SP-81, but not as much 'top end'. They're pretty close in total output, but have a different 'feel'. I suspect the 77cc and 85cc Poulans will have a 'feel' similar to the Homelites as they are also reed valve saws. Won't know until I run 'em however....

As do I Tim..:D

I've compared the 82cc Macs with the Homelites already. My SXL-925W has a bit more more 'grunt' than my SP-81, but not as much 'top end'. They're pretty close in total output, but have a different 'feel'. I suspect the 77cc and 85cc Poulans will have a 'feel' similar to the Homelites as they are also reed valve saws. Won't know until I run 'em however....

I only have the Xl-902 running and it feels very strong but I currently only have 20" bars for both that and the 5200 so it is very difficult to tell any diff between the two.
Looking forward to getting the 4200 (close) VI922 (not so close) up to compare them.

OK Aaron, is the oiler on my XL-923 adjustable, and if so, how?

First saw I have had the comp release stay open after starting, closed right away when I blipped the throttle.

I'll have pictures up tomorrow, unless I can't figure that out.

I have ran the 4900 and SP81 together and they are very similar with 24 inch bars, the mac is a bit smaller and easier to handle and the 4900 has a small power advantage, the 8500 is a different animal, it pulls much harder than the SP81. I have a couple 925's and 923's but need to get them up and running and see how they do.

Edited for further comment.

Last edited:
I have ran the 4900 and SP81 together and they are very similar with 24 inch bars, the mac is a bit smaller and easier to handle and the 4900 has a small power advantage, the 8500 is a different animal, it pulls much harder than the SP81. I have a couple 925's and 923's but need to get them up and running and see how they do.

Edited for further comment.

Thanks for the feedback. I was very impressed by the torque that the 77cc XL-902 has and am looking forward to getting the VI922 up and running (if and when I get the mysterious black goo out of the fuel tank).
From my minimal cutting experience and from feedback on here, those 85cc Poulans are hard to match.
I'm hoping to pick up a larger bar for my 5200.

7-Digit Early Homelite Serial Number Info Needed

Was wondering if anyone had info on the year that this Super XL might have been manufactured. It has the TJ-8J stubby plug and boot and a felt wick in the fuel tank with a copper line feeding the carburetor from the bottom of tank.

C9A1A7BC-B81C-4C5C-B202-5D03002168AC-1646-000002DF902A6977.jpg

Was wondering if anyone had info on the year that this Super XL might have been manufactured. It has the TJ-8J stubby plug and boot and a felt wick in the fuel tank with a copper line feeding the carburetor from the bottom of tank.

These were around '65 give or take a year. Don't believe these early serial numbers have an easy formula for determining date of manufacture, but the 'P' after the number is an indicator that it has a Phelon ignition. These could be equipped with either Phelon or Wico ignitions.

Dan

OK Aaron, is the oiler on my XL-923 adjustable, and if so, how?

First saw I have had the comp release stay open after starting, closed right away when I blipped the throttle.

I'll have pictures up tomorrow, unless I can't figure that out.

Jeff as far as I know, none of the saws in this series had an adjustable auto oiler pump. I do know that the AO pump on my SXL-925W oils the heck out of a 28" bar, and being too 'enthusiastic' with the MO pump will mean an empty oil tank when the fuel tank is still half full (even when doing long bucking cuts). I use the 'thumb' much less with this saw than with my SP-81 (in the same wood). I need to 'turn up' the AO pump on my Mac however...

These were around '65 give or take a year. Don't believe these early serial numbers have an easy formula for determining date of manufacture, but the 'P' after the number is an indicator that it has a Phelon ignition. These could be equipped with either Phelon or Wico ignitions.

Dan

Thanks for the info Dan! I knew it had be an early one but I wasn't sure how early.

Back