Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Old Blue Homie

Just went to chainsaw Collectors site and looked at homelite saws, it looked a lot like the C 51 the muffler was the same as the C51. I remember thinking it looked like a zippo lighter with holes drilled in it. I also had a manual oiler and I want to say the trigger handel may??? not have had a strap on the bottom connecting it back to the saw just a handle ? maybe.

paypal

hey jeff, i don't use paypal. when i'm thinking about purchasing on the bay one of my first questions is "do you accept usps money order?" if they say no, i don't bid.

You are missing out on the easiest payment method world wide. I use it for purchases in Canada, US, UK, China or anywhere really.

Very slick, worth a look.

Regards,

Lee:popcorn:

Just went to chainsaw Collectors site and looked at homelite saws, it looked a lot like the C 51 the muffler was the same as the C51. I remember thinking it looked like a zippo lighter with holes drilled in it. I also had a manual oiler and I want to say the trigger handel may??? not have had a strap on the bottom connecting it back to the saw just a handle ? maybe.

To me it sounds more like an XL-700 series saw.

You are missing out on the easiest payment method world wide. I use it for purchases in Canada, US, UK, China or anywhere really.

Regards,

I know it your right,.. you see it everywhere now,But I do have a little heartburn passing out more and more personal info.I do strongly feel that someday all this electronic communication will end badly for many. "Just too many scumbags after all my good stuff I guess !!"

C-5 C-51 C-52? 77cc blue with white and LOUD!

Old Blue Homie

Ok I will go look up some of these and see what I can remember.

Ok so I looked around on the web and I am pretty sure it was a C-51. Now maybe some day I will have the extra cash to buy one, kind of for nostalgia's sake more than anything else.

Last edited:

Regards,

oh i've used pp in the past. just never got past the paranoia regarding having my personal info out in the electronic wavelengths for someone to snatch. they can tout their line about "secure" all they want. i figure when the fbi can be hacked whats stopping pp from being hacked. just decided i don't wanna play that way.

oh i've used pp in the past. just never got past the paranoia regarding having my personal info out in the electronic wavelengths for someone to snatch. they can tout their line about "secure" all they want. i figure when the fbi can be hacked whats stopping pp from being hacked. just decided i don't wanna play that way.

Yea thats what I am thinking as well.

Ok I will go look up some of these and see what I can remember.

Ok so I looked around on the web and I am pretty sure it was a C-51. Now maybe some day I will have the extra cash to buy one, kind of for nostalgia's sake more than anything else.

I have a C-5 (not the one in my pictures, but nice) that I'd sell. PM me whenever you're ready to take a walk down memory lane...:D

002-2.jpg

Ohh no not another one

Look what followed me home today. Got a decent deal on it too. Runs great but when I looked in the carb box under neath the air filter, it was about 1" thick of grease in there. Surprised it even ran at all. Luckily none got clogged or past the reed valves. Figured that I better clean the carb anyways since I was having issues starting it after warm. Have to mess with the choke. Weird looking bar on it, but it cuts with no problem. View attachment 279243

I've seen stacks on early XL-600 and XL-700 saws. Another possibility is an XL-101 variant.. Early versions had stacks to.

Ohh theres nothing that I love more than a good old noise amplifying stack. Does not sound much better than that. Got one on my C-7 and XL-12 and if I had more they would be going on my other Homelite's of that kind :rock:

Latest posts

Back