How much is my 038 Magnum worth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now it’s 2024 let’s revisit this thread and see how much it’s worth now. I’ve read the thread top to bottom and so far I’ve seen 38 av mag only in metal badge (the one in the thread with a sticker is a big surprise to me, probably a very late 038 production,) the magnum label can be on the metal badge as well or on a separate sticker. My first saw ever is a non running 025 fixed it and sold it already. My second saw is a well maintained running 38 av mag all on the metal badge. And I just bought a 38 av mag 2. The 38 av mag 2 I’ve only seen the ones with metal badge and everything is on the badge. 38 mag are going for $400 to $700 these days, 38 mag 2 stretch a bit more $500 to $800. Say what you will about these saws, a bit on the heavy side but I love them to death. I have a 044 now sitting as a backup.

Take a look in the trading post. I saw bunch of 038Ms going back to 2014 (as far as search goes back). Uglier ones were ~$300. Most were ~$400-500. One that was pristine got $1475 on ebay.

I've still got the one I got for free in 1996 and it runs great with the OEM P/C I got it with. It's only needed consumables and rubber parts/hoses/filters. And a couple of 038s---->038M conversions. I'll be wore out before they will.

I check fb market and Craigslist and eBay before I come up with those numbers. Prices are based on condition of course but those numbers I’ve seen are pretty tight. You can get a mag 2 as we speak on eBay for $750 or less since the seller accepts best offer, and that one is in pretty good shape. One 038 mag is for sale close to me metal badge, magnum sticker asking $450, one 038 mag in Pennsylvania $375 all metal sticker, one 038 mag in Connecticut all metal sticker $450. All are currently for sale.

Back