Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good job Brian, way to stay with it.

You learned a lesson on igns and not to put one back together without going through it while it's apart!

Sounds like she still may be a little lean on the H side but you will get it.

Good job Brian, way to stay with it.

You learned a lesson on igns and not to put one back together without going through it while it's apart!

Sounds like she still may be a little lean on the H side but you will get it.

I better rich it out a bit then because the piston and ring are new. :rock:

+1 on the points lesson. I feel like pulling the flywheel on the 70E too now because it seems to have lost some ompf and I never did the points on that one either. Sure made all the difference on this one!

I must have cut into a pretty dirty piece because the very sharp chain was throwing nice big chips when I first went out and now it has dulled corners making dust by the end of the cut in the video.

Brian don't go looking for points on your 70E..........that's the "E" part----==Electronic Ign.... Good job on your Husky...all it takes is patience and a bit of advise. It's still amazing to me that Mark and I was able to help you from so far away and within a reasonable time. This site is super and the internet....well.. nuff said. Sure beats smoke signals!!!!

Brian don't go looking for points on your 70E..........that's the "E" part----==Electronic Ign.... Good job on your Husky...all it takes is patience and a bit of advise. It's still amazing to me that Mark and I was able to help you from so far away and within a reasonable time. This site is super and the internet....well.. nuff said. Sure beats smoke signals!!!!

+1 on the 70E that would have been embarrising...

Yes this site is awesome except it drains my wallet!

nice saws everyone! i finally got a picture uploaded of my husqvarna 350! more to come!:hmm3grin2orange:

i am going to pull the old husky 50 rancher out of the closet and get the new piston ring in it and get it back to making chips!

Big Brown Truck brought me a 2100 from the West Coast yesterday.

It was held up in Illinois for a few days, but the wait was worth it.

It has a huge felling Dawg,fulll wrap, and finger rippin' compression, me likes!

(Need to update my sig. line, I am about 7-8 saws behind)

It has a huge felling Dawg,fulll wrap, and finger rippin' compression, me likes!

guess so, I don't even see a sig line :chainsawguy:

Yeah I don't show it since I'm so far behind.

Let me think, need to add 2 112s, a 153, another 6800i, another 2100, and a 120 Super. I think that's all, but I will trudge through the 5" of new snow and take a pic of the 2100, and look to see if I missed any. After all "no pics it didn't happen" eh?

Got some gas for the snow blowing machine, and hunted down some decent fuel line. Man I am real happy with this dude, snagged it on a BIN, minutes after it was listed.

The fuel line was kind of like,,,,,,,,gum.

The tank wreaked of 10 year old fuel, poured some Kroil in the tanks, swished 'em out, put new fuel line gave it 7 pulls, and she fired.

It accellerates good, burbles at about 12,000 (by ear) and runs like a real sweety.

Got a little ouchy on the end of the handle, but is only cosmetic.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Looks Awesome!

So what is it? Looks mean with that air filter and the bad :censored: dawg!

I have seem that muffler style on some recent 65's listed is it modded?

Dunno if it is modded, took it out of the box, put a dribble of fuel in it and she came to life.

Found a really soft fuel line, kinda like tar, cleaned the tanks (rank old fuel), replaced the line/filter.

I runs so good, I aint going to tear it down for awhile. It is from Oregon, so it is quite possible it's had some magic done to it.

She is going to see some hard work here as soon as we get a thaw. (about 16 inches of snow on the ground around here)

Gonna put it on the mill and see if it can compete with the old Dolmars.

i am going to pull the old husky 50 rancher out of the closet and get the new piston ring in it and get it back to making chips!

tore the husky 50 down cleaned it up. a little scoring on the piston and cylinder but not bad. replaced the the piston ring and put it back together. the compression seems good. gonna try her out tomarrow!:D

fired up the old husky 50 rancher after replacing the piston ring yesterday. she purrs like a kitten!! have to adjust the carb and replace the kill switch. gonna be a nice saw for limbing after i replace the worn out bar!!:msp_biggrin:

i also will be recieving my new used husky 350 which is supposed to run great and hopefully wont need anything. i am so excited!!!

Dunno if it is modded, took it out of the box, put a dribble of fuel in it and she came to life.

Found a really soft fuel line, kinda like tar, cleaned the tanks (rank old fuel), replaced the line/filter.

I runs so good, I aint going to tear it down for awhile. It is from Oregon, so it is quite possible it's had some magic done to it.

She is going to see some hard work here as soon as we get a thaw. (about 16 inches of snow on the ground around here)

Gonna put it on the mill and see if it can compete with the old Dolmars.

Do you know what model that thing is?

fired up the old husky 50 rancher after replacing the piston ring yesterday. she purrs like a kitten!! have to adjust the carb and replace the kill switch. gonna be a nice saw for limbing after i replace the worn out bar!!:msp_biggrin:

i also will be recieving my new used husky 350 which is supposed to run great and hopefully wont need anything. i am so excited!!!

Good job! It's fun to hear them run after knowing they have been dead for a long time.

that is what happens when my stupid brother ran a bad mixture through our grandpas saw so long ago. it sounds so nice. i was amazed that after all this time it fired up! took some pulling though to get the cobwebs out! :clap:

for adjusting the carb when it is idling high what screws have to be adjusted?

"

Latest posts

Back