Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that is what happens when my stupid brother ran a bad mixture through our grandpas saw so long ago. it sounds so nice. i was amazed that after all this time it fired up! took some pulling though to get the cobwebs out! :clap:

for adjusting the carb when it is idling high what screws have to be adjusted?

Adjusting the needles is not my strong suit but here goes: The idle should be set so the chain stops moving when at idle. The low speed needle is set so that it revs up snappy when you hit the throttle. The high speed idle is then set rich enough so the saw sounds like it is four stroking when not in the cut and when you start cutting (under load) it should sound two stroke and have lots of power. If you are too lean on the high speed needle it will have high RPMs when not cutting but no power in the cut. In short set the high speed needle for max power when cutting with a four stroke sound when not in the cut.

Clear as mud...

Adjusting the needles is not my strong suit but here goes: The idle should be set so the chain stops moving when at idle. The low speed needle is set so that it revs up snappy when you hit the throttle. The high speed idle is then set rich enough so the saw sounds like it is four stroking when not in the cut and when you start cutting (under load) it should sound two stroke and have lots of power. If you are too lean on the high speed needle it will have high RPMs when not cutting but no power in the cut. In short set the high speed needle for max power when cutting with a four stroke sound when not in the cut.

Clear as mud...

thanks!!! running like a peach now!!!!!

well finally got pics of my other saws loaded. if anyone wants to look. nothing special but love them all.

Husqvarna 362XP Decal

attachment.php

Picked this up from Feebay. Finally the crushed 362XP is complete again, been watching forever.

Husqvarna 65

Cut some more with the 65 this week. I really like it, thanks to all who helped me with advice.

Has anyone seen a full wrap handle for a 65?

Husky 445 help needed

I bought a used 445 and can't get the chain guard off. I can pull the front out far enough to get the bar off, but the guard is being held by something. I'm afraid to pry too much, don't want to break anything. The manual says to remove the bar nut and pull the cover off. Any tips would be appreciated.

loosen the chain first, remove both stud nuts and it should come off, good luck

There appears to be a flat steel spring wrapped around the clutch that is fastened to the cover plate. I've never seen one like this and there has to be a trick to it.

no problem my father got a great deal on a used basically new 445 that was returned to the store because it was "broken". Only problem was the chain brake was set while clutch cover was off the saw owner couldnt get it back on. Different design some folks dont take the time to understand it.

service specs

Can someone link me to some service specs for a Husky 61. I'm putting a new ring in and want to check the piston for wear. I need to know wear limits. Thanks

Me and my little friend

My little buddy and me been getting reacquainted today....he's been out of the loop for over 5 year. New fuel line and he was good to go. Bought him new in '92, all 36 ccs of pure wood munching grunt :msp_tongue:.

chainsaws076Large.jpg

One truck wasn't enuff. This is the second load in both of them;

chainsaws077Large.jpg

Good red oak rounds shot, 27-28" max here;

chainsaws081Large.jpg

chainsaws078Large.jpg

;)

Latest posts

Back