Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Needed a saw

I found myself needing a bigger saw for a tree job I got coming up and I bought a well used 61 w/24" ProLite bar and 72LP chain. It's a running saw, but not too healthy. I basically paid him for the B&C.
I figured I could fell the tree with it and buck it with my 51, but it didn't happen. Saw was low on comp @95 and wasn't real responsive on the low side.
I popped the muffler off to find the piston was in backwards with a HUGE ring end gap :laugh:
P&C look great, ring was TOAST. What was good is that I actually found a local shop with a new Husky ring in stock. :rock:
Me being a gear head and all, I couldn't leave well enough alone and had to touch up the exhaust port a bit. Here's what it turned out like. First saw jug to play with, and I wasn't about to pull my perfect running 51 apart to practice on :msp_mellow:

chainsaws069Large.jpg

HELLO!

chainsaws071Large.jpg

chainsaws073Large.jpg

That's a 70% exh. port :rock:

chainsaws075Large.jpg

Got 'em all back together last night and pulled over 150psi
Went to pop it off this morning and it hit on the second pull, but never cranked. Pulled the top cover off and found the fuel line spraying fuel everywhere. I didn't pursue replacing the line, gonna have to wait till next week for one.
Oh well, I'll have a good running saw on the cheap and can do dirty yobs without feeling too guilty about it.

Looks good to me! great to hear you have another one back from the depths.

Last edited:
I got the one for the 3xx pro series w/ side chain adj. color is off but it works, have 2 for the 2xx series, specs off on these, brake band drags really badly and very tricky to get on off saw without a lot of swearing, you have to grind the projections around the circumference of the brake band to fix this, hope this helps.
Jim

Has any of you Husky guys used these clutch cover/chain brake assys.? I'm needing a chain brake for my 61. My cover is in good condition, just no internals. Anybody out there? Thanks.

EDIT: I musta been tired last night, I forgot to add the link to the part...

Clutch side cover brake assy fits Husqvarna 272 268 61 - eBay (item 290538891084 end time Mar-27-11 22:32:55 PDT)
I would stay away from the China junk if I could. Maybe
someone will have a used original.

288xp

I picked-up a 288XP a few weeks ago with some other saws. This evening I cranked it up and ran it a while. It was "cruddy", so I blew the crud out from under the covers and cleaned it up some. I'm sure it will cool better now. The top cover was sun-bleached almost white, so I wiped it down with red ATF, and that brought it back out some. The saw runs great. Was going to post some pics, but a storm came up and ran me back in the house. Tomorrow I'll post a pic or 2. This one will be in my firewood saw line-up, for sure...:)

Last edited:
61 lives

Thought I'd test the 61 out on something yesterday. Going to cut this log up and split it for firewood. Hung the 24" bar in it and she cut through it like butter. Saw is strong! :rock: 39" Red Oak

chainsaws093Large.jpg

chainsaws094Large.jpg

chainsaws091Large.jpg

anyone want to guess how much firewood is in that 12.5 foot log?

I would say between 3/4 and 1 cord (128 cf)

I just love those smaller tough as nails Huskys!

I know my 272 has gotten me out of a jam or two, where other saws failed.
:rock::rock:

Thought I'd test the 61 out on something yesterday. Going to cut this log up and split it for firewood. Hung the 24" bar in it and she cut through it like butter. Saw is strong! :rock: 39" Red Oak

chainsaws093Large.jpg

chainsaws094Large.jpg

chainsaws091Large.jpg

anyone want to guess how much firewood is in that 12.5 foot log?

Looks like an excuse reason to get 100cc's...:hmm3grin2orange:

385XP, 395XP and the mother of all saws

3120XP

:bowdown::bowdown:

I like the 2100 but they are hard to find?

There is a 3120XP on Ebay for $2300 with 72" bar, go buy it and let's see a video!

There are 2100's on Ebay too for about $400 running...

There is a 3120XP on Ebay for $2300 with 72" bar, go buy it and let's see a video!

There are 2100's on Ebay too for about $400 running...

See if you would buy the 3120XP with the 72" bar, send it to me I would send you a leaky FLIPPY CAP!

Sound fair?
:)

Back