Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husky Project,

What is your next Husky project?
I would like to finish my two (272 and 365) and hopeully get a 395 project.

We can all wish right!

Husky Project,

What is your next Husky project?
I would like to finish my two (272 and 365) and hopeully get a 395 project.

We can all wish right!

I put token bids in on some low starting 2100 parts. Even tried to snipe a 2100 parts saw...to no avail.

Looks like an excuse reason to get 100cc's...:hmm3grin2orange:
Hah, I'm not even dreaming of a hunnert ccs...:msp_unsure:
I love challenges, and for what little I have in my pumped up 61, I can stand to make a good bit of change using it. :msp_biggrin:
The hunnert will come much later, if it doesn't fall into my lap in the meantime.

Looks like an excuse reason to get 100cc's...:hmm3grin2orange:

385XP, 395XP and the mother of all saws

3120XP

:bowdown::bowdown:

I like the 2100 but they are hard to find?

Hah, I'm not even dreaming of a hunnert ccs...:msp_unsure:
I love challenges, and for what little I have in my pumped up 61, I can stand to make a good bit of change using it. :msp_biggrin:
The hunnert will come much later, if it doesn't fall into my lap in the meantime.

Well I guess after today I can say I'm a member of the six cube club. I picked this up off a NorCal CL for $280, and it came with a 28 inch bar(2 chains) a 36 inch bar (4 chains) spare chain sprockets for running .404, and some other stuff. It sounds real strong.

View attachment 177312View attachment 177313

Well I guess after today I can say I'm a member of the six cube club. I picked this up off a NorCal CL for $280, and it came with a 28 inch bar(2 chains) a 36 inch bar (4 chains) spare chain sprockets for running .404, and some other stuff. It sounds real strong.

Great looking saw, I am officially Jealous.
Love big huskys!!!

You suck! :chainsaw:

Just kidding. Sounds like you got a great deal. No saws laying around these parts like that. I need to find one of those with other methods...

:cheers:

Did anyone tell you how bad you just got burnt? :msp_biggrin:
Dude, that's a sweet saw and an even sweeter deal on it. I'm liking it. Now that's the kind of deal that I was talking about falling into my lap.
Hope it works well for ya. :cheers:

Thanks fellas, I appreciate all the "kind" words.:msp_wink: As soon as I get it cleaned up, dialed in, and a new air filter cover(the one on it is pretty well shot) I'll post some decent pics. By the way I think it's pretty dang old since it has a manual oiler, and no chain brake.

I used to be a die hard stihl guy...but i am a fully changed husky man....385's and 372's and 395's mainly....pretty much every husky xp saw. But as seen in my sig i have others as well....but my go to saws are huskys....i like to run the best models of all the brands..lol But for the best all around timber falling saw for me is a modded 385xp with a 24" bar.

I would say between 3/4 and 1 cord (128 cf)

I just love those smaller tough as nails Huskys!

I know my 272 has gotten me out of a jam or two, where other saws failed.
:rock::rock:

You're pretty close. But it is more than a cord in it.
After I got scolded, and finally pulled my head outta my @$$, I need to say, this is white oak instead of red.
That being said, my son and I split two rounds of this log and got 159 splits out of it. There is 9' of the log left, or say 5 more rounds.
Here it is stacked tight in my truck at 48" high. The distance between the bed rails is 5.5 feet. Splits are 20" long. And, no, I didn't get far with those splitting mauls, I used my hydraulic splitter to git her did...:msp_thumbup:

chainsaws096Large.jpg

sry that wasn't why I am posting, got a brand new 372xp this week, it is replacing a 372xp i got back in 1st month of 05

I gave a 460 a try ( got at very good deal, an new) but that saw didn't have the power I am used 2

guy at saw shop said the new 372xp x torq is not the same saw as the older 372xp, I'll tell how it does after i run a few tanks through it

Last edited:
sry that wasn't why I am posting, got a brand new 372xp this week, it is replacing a 372xp i got back in 1st month of 05

I gave a 460 a try ( got at very good deal, an new) but that saw didn't have the power I am used 2

guy at saw shop said the new 372xp x torq is not the same saw as the older 372xp, I'll tell how it does after i run a few tanks through it

I will be very interested in your opinion of the X Torq, I have heard great things, but I think is was just salesman BS.

You're pretty close. But it is more than a cord in it.
After I got scolded, and finally pulled my head outta my @$$, I need to say, this is white oak instead of red.
That being said, my son and I split two rounds of this log and got 159 splits out of it. There is 9' of the log left, or say 5 more rounds.
Here it is stacked tight in my truck at 48" high. The distance between the bed rails is 5.5 feet. Splits are 20" long. And, no, I didn't get far with those splitting mauls, I used my hydraulic splitter to git her did...:msp_thumbup:

chainsaws096Large.jpg

Nice load there! Drop it off at my place, still below freezing here with 12" last Wed...

I like me some husqvarna saws. Here's my little collection.
View attachment 177623
attachment.php

You'll have to excuse the little one on the end. Its the same color and it thinks its a husky.:laugh: Thats a 009L, 346, 372,and a 395.

Latest posts

Back