Husqvarna Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seen a guy put a 44 with a 20 inch bar right between his eye's, split his head open, even took out a chip of bone, but the chain had stopped before it ever hit him (chain break did it's job)
so i always get a chill run up my back when i see a saw with out one

i have been told on the older husky's, the chain break didn't work so well, or it was that they got in the way, an lots of logger's took them off the saw back in the 80's,
but all together with a beer in pic, just screams safety

jar, I'm with you on the chain brake. That's why I've been beating the bushes for brake parts since I bought the saw last week. I personally don't like running it without the chain brake functioning.
I've only made five cuts with it so far, four of that was in a 36-40" log, and one stump cut. That was with absolutely no beer involved. :hmm3grin2orange:
The beer in the pic is after we got through for the evening, it's night time, and the saw isn't running in the back of my truck, so I allowed the little fella to have a sip. He's 22 now so he is of age...:msp_tongue:

2009-09-24021.jpg

Doood!! Thass bad. :msp_thumbup:

HUSKY help please

I hope I've not gone completely crazy working on my saw. Has anyone here replaced the molded fuel line on a Husky 61? It has a step and a shoulder on it that keeps the line from going down into the tank. How on earth do you get this line in the tank and put the filter on it?
Do you pull the tapered section through the tank with the filter installed. I tried that but no joy there. Didn't want to ruin a new $10 line.
The tail isn't long enough to go through the top and still be able to install the filter. I bought the Husky line from my dealer. Original equipment and all that. :dunno:

I hope I've not gone completely crazy working on my saw. Has anyone here replaced the molded fuel line on a Husky 61? It has a step and a shoulder on it that keeps the line from going down into the tank. How on earth do you get this line in the tank and put the filter on it?
Do you pull the tapered section through the tank with the filter installed. I tried that but no joy there. Didn't want to ruin a new $10 line.
The tail isn't long enough to go through the top and still be able to install the filter. I bought the Husky line from my dealer. Original equipment and all that. :dunno:

The fuel line for my 2100 has the grommet molded in as well, and it is seated in the hole to the tank then I had to fish the filter end out of the tank put the filter on then slide the carb end in place. Mine was $ 17.41 with tax at Baileys which is 22 miles one way from work..........gotta love old saws.

The fuel line for my 2100 has the grommet molded in as well, and it is seated in the hole to the tank then I had to fish the filter end out of the tank put the filter on then slide the carb end in place. Mine was $ 17.41 with tax at Baileys which is 22 miles one way from work..........gotta love old saws.

Yup, I do love old saws.
Yah, I would do it the way you describe, but the line inside the tank isn't more than 2 3/4" long. There's not enough line to bring it outside the tank to install the filter. :angry: :confused::confused::confused:

I know it feels like your going to pull the line in two, but you have to pull!! Use some grease on the grommet and the hole in the tank, it will pull through.:msp_thumbup:

I know it feels like your going to pull the line in two, but you have to pull!! Use some grease on the grommet and the hole in the tank, it will pull through.:msp_thumbup:

I put that line in my 65 when the case was split but I put grease on it just like TRI955 says and used a small screwdriver to "assist" the engagement by collapsing the line.

Becareful with mixing breeds.
My OLD Stihl 050 AV, does not like my Husky 385XP, it is actually Jealous of the speed and the ease of starting.
My Husky 272XP HATES anything STIHL 050 and MS250....
It actually will piss bar oil if it ever touches a Stihl.

Word to the wise, your saws will fight each other when you are not there.

Guess my saws are better mannered. I usually take both brands out.
:rock:

im thinkin about selling my 2100cd project saw if anyone's interested...money talks...and i need to turn over some to get my saws that are on the bench in the woods...

I will be very interested in your opinion of the X Torq, I have heard great things, but I think is was just salesman BS.

ok the new saw is well broke in, seems it doesn't have the grunt as my old 372xp, the 372xp xtorq seems to be a nice saw, only thing i did was to take spark screen out of muffler ( I don't see how that would effect the saw, but i may put it back in just 2 see)

as it stands now my old worn out 372xp cuts better than the new 372xp xt, both run husky mix oill, an 20 inch bars, with dub drag chains, an 93 oct on gas,

I am not yet giving up on it, will take it to saw shop and let a pro tune it ( guy has a saw shop 20 miles from me been been working on and selling chain saws his whole life, his dad did it before him)

any improvements, and i will post

This is a saw one doesn't find every day either, especially in the shape it's in. It's a 285CD that is almost like new, and with ton's of compression, completely original...:heart:

it completed my heavy huskies collection built on the same chassis (285CD, 298xp, 1100, 2100, 2101xp)

I hear you guys thinking about that silly short bar (18") it's wearing, but hey, this is europe.:msp_wink:

285D.jpg

285small.jpg

285H.jpg

I have a 2100 top end I could swing on it, but it's too nice the way it is......am I don't cut wood either LOLOL.

Beautiful!

Belgian, Nice score. I would love to find me one in that series that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I would cut wood with mine though, make a 3' diameter oak respect me for once :rock:

Belgian, Nice score. I would love to find me one in that series that didn't cost me an arm and a leg. I would cut wood with mine though, make a 3' diameter oak respect me for once :rock:

thanks ! Huskies go relatively cheap over here compared to Stihls (good for me, hehe).

Hope you find one. They have a nice sound to them and plenty of good ole power. That's why I like em.;)

Bump

A freebie 480 CD.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Not excatly pristine, but it does run. Don't know the history of this saw but jugding by the bent handle bar, chunk missing out of the cluch cover and 285 recoil cover not an easy one. Freind got it from a relative, got it running and has had it out cutting but hasn't got all the bugs ironed out. And he also said he didn't need a saw this big ether. I'll tinker with it and see what happens.

Last edited:
Good saw, can't beat free either. I love husqvarna, have for along time. Own Stihl, and husky, echo too. I have tried to convince many Stihl guy's that Huskie's are a Formidable force, and top dog too. I have a 51,372,and a 2101xp.

Back