Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
198378d1315525537-picture-454-jpg

198381d1315525566-picture-456-jpg

That high dollar stihl part came with the saw :) I didnt like the spongey feeling at first, but its growing on me a bit.
I think I wanna do a v-stack outta a 288 :D

198378d1315525537-picture-454-jpg

198381d1315525566-picture-456-jpg

That high dollar stihl part came with the saw :) I didnt like the spongey feeling at first, but its growing on me a bit.
I think I wanna do a v-stack outta a 288 :D

cool, but don't cut up that bluetop.. as for the spongything i just put one on a j-red. just take a perm marker and cover up the evadence.:msp_biggrin:

I believe they were some of the first aftermarket hightops, and I Believe that K&N put them out as a kit for the 288's

Zack, I think you will be wanting a Elastostart handle on this 288 too. :hmm3grin2orange:

It hurt muh hand. :sad:

attachment.php

I second that Randy, my buddie's 288, surprised the hell out of me. The first time I ran it, and went to start it holy compression! Gotta give Stihl point's for that invention.:clap:

I second that Randy, my buddie's 288, surprised the hell out of me. The first time I ran it, and went to start it holy compression! Gotta give Stihl point's for that invention.:clap:

That's the one I just finished building for Zach. It's blowing 200psi with no decompression button. When you start it you do so decisively. :laugh:

That's the one I just finished building for Zach. It's blowing 200psi with no decompression button. When you start it you do so decisively. :laugh:

I have one that I recently had the base gasket removed. I am getting ready to send to a buyer and wanted to double check it bf it left. It doesn't have a decomp and I have busted the starter rotor in half bc of the compression. I roll it past TDC and pull it like it just stole my dog. I guess I will be putting the rotor from the 281 that I am rebuilding into it so that it can leave on-time. I really wish I had the skill and tools to install a decomp; this saw needs one.

I have one that I recently had the base gasket removed. I am getting ready to send to a buyer and wanted to double check it bf it left. It doesn't have a decomp and I have busted the starter rotor in half bc of the compression. I roll it past TDC and pull it like it just stole my dog. I guess I will be putting the rotor from the 281 that I am rebuilding into it so that it can leave on-time. I really wish I had the skill and tools to install a decomp; this saw needs one.

Wow. Zachs saw didn't have a boss in the jug for a decomp, so it wouldn't be an easy task to install one. I reckon those boys need to keep an extra starter spool handy. :laugh:

If the jug has that boss cast in, it shouldn't be a big deal to install one. The first would be the toughest because of sourcing the right tap, but after that it wouldn't be a problem.

Quick question! Does anyone have a pic of the bottom of their 288 where the handle bolts on? Reason being is I bought a half wrap handle off swap meet some time back and I cannot figure it out. The part number is correct and everything, but the handle wraps around and lines up horizontally and the cutout for it is at an angle, so the screw wholes don't line up :help:

My 288xp lite wont start. Has compression,spark,fuel cant get it to fire up. I even put a little squirt of fuel into the cylinder and got a little smoke out the exhaust but still no start.

Back