Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
196934d1314552735-133-jpg
Good place for my photo?
:rock:

Nmurph, he would probably take mt 044, but me and that saw been through alot, and I know every inch of it, and the shape it's in. Just hard for me to part with saw's, and gun's. I collect the good one's that fit me, and are very usable, and practical. So I have been hunting localy to see what I could come up with. I will come up with a saw for him, or another 288 in the process LOL!

I have a nice 359. It has a MM and the squish set. It handles a 20" like a toothpick, and it's not far behind an 044.

Another 288 XP

I just picked up another 288xp.This one is a lite. Whats the difference? I won it in a Kbid auction for 200 bucks. Didnt think I would get it for that. Not sure I need 2 of these saws maybe sell it and get a different smaller saw. I pick it up on Friday.

I just picked up another 288xp.This one is a lite. Whats the difference? I won it in a Kbid auction for 200 bucks. Didnt think I would get it for that. Not sure I need 2 of these saws maybe sell it and get a different smaller saw. I pick it up on Friday.

Well that little phrase there ought to get the 288 vultures circling your PM Box pretty quickly. Personally I'd hang onto it if it's in decent shape, you never know when one might decide to go all fickle on you, usually at the most inopportune moment.

The Lite version lacks the front dog-mounted AV. It also came with the low top filter. The standard version could be had with a factory high top, heavy duty filter. The Lite version is about 4-5oz lighter. The engines are exactly the same.

The Lite version lacks the front dog-mounted AV. It also came with the low top filter. The standard version could be had with a factory high top, heavy duty filter. The Lite version is about 4-5oz lighter. The engines are exactly the same.

Freakin killing guys!
I want one as a work saw!!!
Worst thread I ever started!!

Yeah thanks Matt! LOL! My buddy still has that one doens't use it, and can't talk him out of it yet. High top cover whole nine yard's keep's me up at night!

I want that some #####! But I am also depresse'd the 660 is still down, look's like it need's a new carb. Getting my buddy's 288 would help comfort me a little.

He got that saw in a trade to a buddy.. He trade'd a book for it. For a 288xp it cost him a book. When I inquired, and said it was one of my dream saw's, he said I have no attachment I prefer stihl's anyway, just trade me a good saw. WTF? you know how many time's it play's out in my head! Dude I can't give up the 044 me and the 44 go way!!!! Back, sentimental since 98. That thing has been bullettpproof. I cant part with saw's. So I am hoping to work a trade with somebody some day for a saw for him, and the 288 in my shed:rock:

Freakin killing guys!
I want one as a work saw!!!
Worst thread I ever started!!

:agree2: with the third statement. I don't own that many saws(maybe 10), but of the saws I do own my 288XP is my favorite saw to run. Maybe it's sentimental because it's the first really decent sized saw I've owned, maybe it's the way I acquired it, or maybe it's because it's just plain AWESOME!!!!!!

I just finished putting my 1989 288xp back together with my spare cylinder. Got it to start & now I remember why the 576 autotune came home :mad2:. Who is coming to help me start this thing come 40*f temps?? Older models don't have the decompression & now i know why dad had the cylinder replaced on the other saw-- Sweet blue button:laugh:

I just finished putting my 1989 288xp back together with my spare cylinder. Got it to start & now I remember why the 576 autotune came home :mad2:. Who is coming to help me start this thing come 40*f temps?? Older models don't have the decompression & now i know why dad had the cylinder replaced on the other saw-- Sweet blue button:laugh:

Tell me about it :bang: mines pushin 215 psi. I've got a snowmobile D-ring pull handle on it now.
I've got 2 extra 288 cylinders that have decomp buttons. 1 is ported & the other is stock. Would ya wanna trade yers out fer one of them??

no trades, I just like to complain:laugh:. I only have two 288s now, the 576autotune and a 137. I keep lookin @ these 346 s though:tongue2:

Back