I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsered 801 any interest here before it goes to Ebay?

I have a very good shape, low hour 801 that I am thinking of selling. Would rather it be sold here than on Ebay. It is complete and has 195 lbs. compression, good spark and runs with fuel in carb. I do need to change the fuel line because it is spongy and probably cracked. Will send pictures if you IM me or have questions.
:rock:

I have a very good shape, low hour 801 that I am thinking of selling. Would rather it be sold here than on Ebay. It is complete and has 195 lbs. compression, good spark and runs with fuel in carb. I do need to change the fuel line because it is spongy and probably cracked. Will send pictures if you IM me or have questions.
:rock:

You could try posting on the classifieds here on the AS site. I've sold a few saws there with no ripoff ebay fees.

You could try posting on the classifieds here on the AS site. I've sold a few saws there with no ripoff ebay fees.

Thanks for the advice, I will but of the previous saws posted I have not even had questions asked and the Jonsered 66E was make offer. For whatever reason I have not sold on AS but have been very pleased with items purchased through AS. Thanks.:msp_smile:

Look what the Craigslist fairy left under my pillow yesterday :D

attachment.php

Hmm, don't see many adds for the folks up in the PNW,
here's a bunch:
they all seem like okay deals.
Husky 35VR
Husky 35VR Chainsaw
STIHL 024
Stihl 024 chaisaw
STIHL 036 pro
STIHL CHAINSAW 036 PRO 20'' BAR
STIHL 034
Stihl 034 chaisaw
STIHL 056 AVE
Stihl 056 AVE chainsaw with 28 inch bar and chain
STIHL ms 390
Stihl ms390 ms 390 chainsaw with bar and chain
STIHL 032 AV
http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/tls/2321465004.html

Darn, Too bad I can't afford it right now....
STIHL 440
http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/grd/2321168587.html

Last edited:
The various design 'claw' electrode plugs actually do work as advertised on many types of engine, mostly those with multiple spark ignition systems and pressure aspirated. Porsche spec'd them on several OEM installations, and they DO reduce detonation on some engines.

BUT...

They have NO PLACE on a chainsaw!

By various claw electrode are you saying different brands or actually the e3 brand??, because just about every real review on the net that I have read claims the suck!, e3 claims better milage but just about every review said milage suffered. I honestly can't believe porsche would install the e3 brand maybe bosch or some other name brand, but e3 I can't swallow , I 'm not calling you a liar, trust me. I just have a hunch porsche is using a different brand and not e3.:cheers: I hope anyways other wise all my respect for porsche just went to the same place as last nights dinner!:(

By various claw electrode are you saying different brands or actually the e3 brand??, because just about every real review on the net that I have read claims the suck!, e3 claims better milage but just about every review said milage suffered. I honestly can't believe porsche would install the e3 brand maybe bosch or some other name brand, but e3 I can't swallow , I 'm not calling you a liar, trust me. I just have a hunch porsche is using a different brand and not e3.:cheers: I hope anyways other wise all my respect for porsche just went to the same place as last nights dinner!:(

No, it's that these 'claw' electrode plugs are not a new idea; they have been around for about 40 years or more. Whether you want to call them 'e3' or 'Splitfire' or don't give them a fancy marketing name at all (Porsche did not; they are just the OEM plug in a 944 Turbo and they look like THIS)

sparkplug11088464210.jpg
)

they all do the same thing, which is to provide multiple spark points when used with an ignition capable of taking advantage of the multiple ground points.

Whether or not that leads to reduced detonation or more power (different sides of the same coin in a computer controlled EFI engine with knock sensors) will depend on the specific engine on which they are installed. The pressure aspirated engines have special problems with both poor flame propagation AND weak spark, and these multiple electrode plugs can really make a difference there. I ran both Buick turbo V6 and supercharged Ford 5.0 street/strip cars in the 90's and we definitely saw gains in power, and also reductions in the knock sensor counts when we downloaded the data logs. Some engines have kinda crappy combustion chamber designs and might find some advantage with multiple ground electrodes/multiple spark ignition even without pressure aspiration. (The modern Buick V6 has an OUTSTANDING combustion chamber design, Smokey Yunick its designer, and all our Fords ran Edelbrock heads, also with exceptionally good chambers)

Chainsaws do not have multiple spark capable ignitions or pressure aspiration and its associated difficulties so I cant see why anyone would ever install one of these plugs on a chainsaw. Furthermore, the ground electrode on this 'e3' plug design seems to be relatively flimsy. This is probably is of no importance on just about any 4 stroke engine, but I'm guessing the 1st harmonic ring of that flimsy electrode can be excited by a small 2 stroke engine. If that were to happen, the electrode would quickly fatigue and break off, which is what I suspected happened to the saw in the pics.

Jimbo

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back