I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
372 XP in VT

$ 150
Deal of the year ? or stolen ?

"I have a basically brand new 372 XP Husqvarna Chainsaw with 20 inch bar and chain. Runs and cuts really well. It's 71cc and is very powerful i just have no use for it, as i bought it 2 years ago and used it 1 out of the 2 years. Has chain plastic chain protector as well. I willing to budge on he price but i know it's well worth what im asking for it. Please email back or call 802-431-3079 and ask for John. Thanks and enjoy the Spring! "

372 XP Husqvarna Chainsaw

Man I would snatch that up in a second if it was local!:bang:

If it wasnt 2 hours away that wouldve been gone yesterday!! :rock: Not sure what the slackers on AS from up there are doing but they aint keeping the saw population in check in their area!!

another please help ID a saw on CL for me .....(shindaiwa)

not like I need it but just wondering.... not sure on the price or how bad the cylinder is with no muffler but can't make out the model #, can you??? 377???

chain saw no muffler

no answer on the phone # yet.... thanks.

ok.... blunder on me.. son was using my lap top earlier and got something on the screen that blurred out the numbers on the sticker there. lined right up perfect... feel like a goon.. sorry 'bout that!! thanks though... going to hide now.

Email sent. Is it wrong to play dirty on this one?
First come, first served in my book.

Looks like the real deal to me. Air filter cover is right, muffler, oiler push button. Looks like one of the last ones off the line.

Price is out of line!! Maybe a little more than $200...but $500....forget it.

He's nutty as an outhouse rat on that price. I'd give $200 for it, but I think he's on fantasy island at $500.

I'm wondering if that Mac manual is worth it? I
Briggs and Stratton and McCulloch Parts and service Manuals

HOMELITE SUPER XL AUTOMATIC, IMMACULATE EXCEPTION! | eBay

Is it just me or does this look like a repaint? Is that the correct bar and filter cover?

Looks like the real deal to me. Air filter cover is right, muffler, oiler push button. Looks like one of the last ones off the line.

Price is out of line!! Maybe a little more than $200...but $500....forget it.

He's nutty as an outhouse rat on that price. I'd give $200 for it, but I think he's on fantasy island at $500.

It looks like it's legit to me. He's put something like Armor-All on the AF cover (no big deal). That's a late '70s or early-'80s production SXL however. It's not a late '80s or early '90s (last of the run) SXL.

The manual oiler plunger assembly is still the earlier (and better) brass type. The last saws had a cheaper one-piece black plastic oiler plunger without the threaded seal retainer that screws into the handle/pump cylinder.

I think he's out of his tree as far as the price is concerned too. I'd maybe pay 1/2 what he's asking for it at most. There's an NOS late production SXL-AO at a hardware store about 15-20 minutes from me. Has the plastic oiler plunger, a Zama carb (that saw in the ebay ad should have the Walbro SDC), and 'safety tip' bar.

It's been sitting in that store since it was shipped there from Homelite. The store sells Stihls now, but has that NOS SXL-AO and an NOS Homelite 240 on display with the Stihls. They want $299 for the 240 and $399 for the SXL-AO. Too high in my book. If anybody's interested, PM me for the store's contact info...

$15 for both books is definatly worth it.

Yep. I'd pay that for 'em in a heartbeat if they were local.:cheers:

Latest posts

Back