I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
10 cans of two cycle engine oil 2-cycle

3n73k23p45V65P55S1b8oe4c18d55781d1e53.jpg

Good grief! Don't forget another 9.50 per piece to ship that junk! I have trashed better looking parts than that!!

I have PAID another member for parts that looked about like that... apparently, they FAILED to mention issues with the parts.... :bang:

nice enough to tell me they were dirty, though :mad:

UGH.. some people think JUNK is worth SOMETHING.... :dunno:

You guys are somewhat misguided about the usefullness of a Homelite 150, I bought one not long ago, and after messing around with it for awhile I found them to be quite durable for the task at hand..............................I couldn't get that POS to run so I used it to beat a Mini Mac to death on my driveway. Every tool has a function.

Yeah....................but a used sledge hammer is easier on the eyes than a homely 150, costs less, and is more useful for other tasks. I did do one EXTREMELY stupid thing regarding a 150 once though; I passed up a mint looking white/blue 150 with a blown oiler diaphragam (had oil coming out the muffler and it felt like it was heading towards hydro-lock when pulled over) at a local scrap yard. I set it down, walked away, and watched as a fellow from our 'migrant worker community' picked it up (almost ran to it when I set it down) and proceeded to pull and pull and pull and pull.............until it went "crunch". Smiled to myself.

The STUPID thing I did was not wait for him to set the 'broken' saw back down and go pick it up to purchase. That was stupid because I could have gotten it for $5 or less, and it had a CHERRY Homelite Marked 16" Windsor Speed Tip sprocket nose bar and a good loop of 3/8" non-safety chain. The 150 shares the same bar mount as the Homelite E-Z. Man I'm a dumbass. If I'd bought it instead of setting it down (and watching the moron hydrolock it), then I could have sold the powerhead on feebay for $20+ as a fixer-upper. Even after he bent the rod (or did whatever damage he did), I still could have at least recouped my money and ended up with a free Speed Tip bar and chain. Don't see those Speed Tips in that pattern much anymore................especially with a nice looking Homelite logo intact. I'll bet the saw was last ran about 30 years ago, and sat with bad gas (and a slowly rotting oiler diaphragm) until somebody cleaned out a garage...

I made a deal on some small running saws.....3 for $50 for an extra $5 the guy threw in the Homeless 150. Now an 8lb sledge cost more, and doesn't make me feel better.

Last edited:
I made a deal on some small running saws.....3 for $50 for an extra $5 the guy threw in the Homeless 150. Now an 8lb sledge cost more, and doesn't make me feel better.

Still not worth it. I got my last used 8 pound sledge for less than $5 ('twas free), and despite being old and rusty, it doesn't give me intestinal cramps when I look at it. Can't say that about a 150...:msp_scared:

hokay! the hydrolock term is new to me. care to expound?

Air can be compressed. Fluids cannot. In this case, enough bar oil had been drawn thru the ruptured/rotted diaphragm and into the engine that the cylinder filled up. Cranking over an engine with a cylinder filled with fluid to the point that there's not enough air space left to compress............makes things break. That's the short and dirty (AKA Jonathan's....................nevermind) version...:laugh:

Aaron wrote his Masters thesis on this chainsaw malady. He can email it to you, and spare us the pain and suffering...........:biggrin:

Cheeky bugger!:jester:

enough bar oil had been drawn thru the ruptured/rotted diaphragm and into the engine that the cylinder filled up. Cranking over an engine with a cylinder filled with fluid to the point that there's not enough air space left to compress............makes things break.

thanks, that's a succinct thesis that makes perfect sense. never knew what it was called.

Back