I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stihl 084 Av Chainsaw

looks really nice too, handle is bright white...great deal!!

I've seen that one on eBay. I noticed that the throttle response is very poor on it. Probably just a carb issue, but worth noticing.

I wouldn't imagine the piston is in that great a shape. Look at the muffler front flapping in the video, from his description it may have been like that for a while :dizzy:

Sigh. Send me your address Jay. Expect a ziplock bag of all-natural 'chocolate'. Do you like boxer???:jester:

Yeah.............his 'friend' rebuilt it..................................then he hosed the hell out of it with a garden hose (you can see the water in the pic). By the time you go get it, the rings and bearings will be rusted to hell. I HATE seeing CL/ebay listings with soggy saws...:angry:

I heard these were good saws but this seems expensive too me. I don't know much about Echo. The twin cylinder does sound pretty cool though.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

The last few of those have gone for crazy money on feebay. Can't base their "worth" on feebay insanity however. I can only think of a few saws that I'd pay that kind of money for (and that's if I wasn't broke). If I win the lottery, I'll be knocking on Lee's door!:

1)An NOS Solo twin.

2)An NOS Homelite 3100G.

3)An NOS Homelite 2000/2100.

4)An NOS McCulloch 797.

5)An NOS McCulloch 125.

6)An NOS Homelite 750.

7)An NOS Homelite 9-23 through 995D.

8)An NOS Homelite 9-26 through 995G.

9)An NOS McCulloch 73 or 77.

Everybody's tastes, desires, and spending limits are different though...:D

Last edited:
You get a 16" bar though, even an Aussie in that hard wood down there would use a slightly longer one.

If it wore JD clothes, and I wasn't broke...

Yeah....................................I'd have to add "and if I wasn't broke" to my last post Jeff. Got the carb kits yesterday. Boxing up your C-5 this weekend. It'll go out by Tuesday (payday)! Remember to replace the fuel tank gasket. That's the only thing it needs....

Yeah....................................I'd have to add "and if I wasn't broke" to my last post Jeff. Got the carb kits yesterday. Boxing up your C-5 this weekend. It'll go out by Tuesday (payday)! Remember to replace the fuel tank gasket. That's the only thing it needs....

Cool. Be here just in time.

I heard these were good saws but this seems expensive too me. I don't know much about Echo. The twin cylinder does sound pretty cool though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170683649272&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:US:1123

They are a bit heavy for a power band that is not really spectacular. The saw is so 'smooth' that it wears out AV buffers quicker than most saws ...

But this one is so spectacular, that it didn't sell the first time around at $800 ..... so now they're tryin at $900! :biggrin:

They are a bit heavy for a power band that is not really spectacular. The saw is so 'smooth' that it wears out AV buffers quicker than most saws ...

But this one is so spectacular, that it didn't sell the first time around at $800 ..... so now they're tryin at $900! :biggrin:

I'd say its the weight that tears up the AV. They do run fairly smooth. The power band thing is an Echo exclusive. Most of the handles on these get busted up, the back step on plate under the trigger in particular.
As for the price thing, someone will see it and snatch it up or they won't. Doesn't seem as though it has to go right away.

The auction ended early cause the saw sold.

The auction ended early cause the saw sold.

:msp_w00t: Nah, the seller broke the toe plate when he tried to start it to show off for his kids .... :hmm3grin2orange:

BTW, the seller ended the auction early because 'the item is no longer available.'

Last edited:
:msp_w00t: Nah, the seller broke the toe plate when he tried to start it to show off for his kids .... :hmm3grin2orange:

now it looks like everyone elses saw :D

you can have all 3 of these for the price of his.;)

CIMG5551.jpg

The last few of those have gone for crazy money on feebay. Can't base their "worth" on feebay insanity however. I can only think of a few saws that I'd pay that kind of money for (and that's if I wasn't broke). If I win the lottery, I'll be knocking on Lee's door!:

1)An NOS Solo twin.

2)An NOS Homelite 3100G.

3)An NOS Homelite 2000/2100.

4)An NOS McCulloch 797.

5)An NOS McCulloch 125.

6)An NOS Homelite 750.

7)An NOS Homelite 9-23 through 995D.

8)An NOS Homelite 9-26 through 995G.

9)An NOS McCulloch 73 or 77.

Everybody's tastes, desires, and spending limits are different though...:D

I have most of those waiting here for you.

if NOS means "NEW to you OLD SCRAP".. :yoyo:

I have most of those waiting here for you.

if NOS means "NEW to you OLD SCRAP".. :yoyo:

Well I'd still be interested in 'em Ric..................................................but the $$$ paid would GREATLY be reduced from NOS money.:cheers:

Even then, I'm so po right now I probably couldn't afford 'em for a while. For a 3100G, 9-Series Homelite gear drive, or a 797...............I would find a way however! The rest'd have to wait a bit longer at the Sawbones complex.:D

You have the 1130G parts I need?:help:

Latest posts

Back