I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How can you tell ? , besides the price I mean..:confused:

Tough with these pictures. Stihl still makes this saw, but they call it a MS720. It is only for sale in third world countries, mostly in Africa I believe. I don't think the new Stihl saws have a dished starter, I think the fins are straight like on a 090. All the Chinese saws have dished starter fins.

MS720

Hmmmmm......?
STIHL 064

Seems a little steep, if it was an 041 Super then maybe.........?
STIHL CHAIN SAW 36 INCH BAR

Huh? What are these?
4 chain saws

The price does seem a little high on the 041, even for a super. Drop the price $100 and it would probably sell, then again someone in that area may want it bad enough to pay the asking price.

The "unknown" saws looks like those cheap saws that are being sold on Ebay from Singapore, I believe the brand is GIO.

I went ahead and watched Scary Movie 3 last night because I thought something was "not right" about the auction. There was a chainsaw towards the end of Scary Movie 3 but it was not used to cut a hole in the floor, there was a ax used for that. The saw does resemble the movie saw but the one in the movie had the bottom painted black. Since Scary Movie three came out in 2003 and Holloween Resurrection came out in 2002 you would figure the saw would still have a black bottom???

Not that i would even consider paying that kind of money for a movie prop, well maybe the Mercury from Cobra...........

i008701.jpg

I called on a Craigs list ad today as the guy said he had a big Craftsman saw and a Mac 3200. Me thinking long shot maybe the 5.2 and the guy goes it is grey and has a 18" bar on it....uh that is not big:bang: He did not know the model other than it was old and was asking too much money for it.

Frustrating. If you are going to list something for sale at least know what model it is:angry:

I called on a Craigs list ad today as the guy said he had a big Craftsman saw and a Mac 3200. Me thinking long shot maybe the 5.2 and the guy goes it is grey and has a 18" bar on it....uh that is not big:bang: He did not know the model other than it was old and was asking too much money for it.

Frustrating. If you are going to list something for sale at least know what model it is:angry:

I saw an ad the other day for an old Briggs engine, I need one for an old Snowbird blower. $50.

So I emailed him, asked if it ran and started ok, and could he give me the model number.

Guy throws a fit....If it ran it would be $300 blah blah, it's in my barn, if you want the number come look for it blah blah....

Dude is an hour away, each way. Likely. I told him if it was that valuable, he better keep it.

Jackass.:hmm3grin2orange:

old saw stash

Lots of good Homelite, McCulloch, Poulan, and Remington magnesium there. I spy what looks to be a McCulloch 660 gear drive. Other cool stuff well worth $30 too.

You seeing this Norm? Maybe he'll ship for an extra $60.:D

That old saw stash looks like an amazing deal. I mean, wouldn't just the bars be worth that for most of them? I'd be surprised if it remains up for long, seems someone would go scoop them all up.

Back