I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
Well, the auction is down to 2 minutes........I have made an offer on that file shoved into the stick. Who knows, maybe it's Phillipine Nara wood or something ladat. I'll be real disappointed if I don't get that item so I can post a photo of it back to the forum. Since a prior offer to mine got rejected, I suppose I'll get rejected as well. snif......

edit--didn't get it, it got relisted for another 29 days. I am literally heart broken.

Last edited:
Thanks Mark. I added it to my watch list. What do these go for? Sounds like the seller did a good job of going through the saw.

That's a damn good saw. Out of my reach right now. Looks like you might have some competition for that one Randy.:popcorn:

What did these saws cost new? I have never heard anyone say?

I remember saws in that family going for $200-$400 over the years.

I went back and forth with this cat a half dozen
times over the value of this 895. Even gave him
ebay item numbers for the recent saw king 890
and my 895 i paid 187.50 for. But he is a stubborn
sob and thinks his saw with a 50 inch bar is worth
millions. Although i did finally get him down to 400.00.
But still to much for me.
He needs to hear from others that he's out to lunch
on his prices.

Lee

Yep. That joker won't even return my calls or emails anymore. Guess he thinks that red crusty coating on the bar is 24k gold.:D

This one in Sacramento California is typical of many craigslist posters around here....

Rare 50" Mcculloch 895 Chainsaw

Rare 50" Mcculloch 895 Chainsaw - $1500 (san jose downtown)
Rare 50" chainsaw call 408-449-2692

Seems a bit high priced to me.

See the discussion a few posts above yours...

The reason this lising says Downtown San Jose is because that's where it is. It isn't in Sacramento otherwise I'd drive over there, and tell the seller he's full of stupid.

Homelite Super EZ alert!

This fellow claims to have some nice Super EZ saws for sale. He lists a number so no need to hassle with e-mail. They are located in the Valley of Virginia below Harrisonburg but I do not know anyone here that is real close by.

Homelite Chainsaws

This was up a few months ago, and back then I thought it looked like a round file stuck in a dog turd.....................time has passed, but it still looks the same.

I offered $1.14 which I felt to be overly generous. It was rejected. They countered by coming down to $34.13, I don't think I'll bite.

The reason this lising says Downtown San Jose is because that's where it is. It isn't in Sacramento otherwise I'd drive over there, and tell the seller he's full of stupid.

He's been told via emails and over the phone Jon. Like talking to a brick wall. Let me know if you make the trek. I'll buy your lunch in San Bruno (where I work).:D

This fellow claims to have some nice Super EZ saws for sale. He lists a number so no need to hassle with e-mail. They are located in the Valley of Virginia below Harrisonburg but I do not know anyone here that is real close by.

Homelite Chainsaws

Nice listing Gary. WAY too damn far. Hope one of you guys gets these.

This was up a few months ago, and back then I thought it looked like a round file stuck in a dog turd.....................time has passed, but it still looks the same.

I think it IS a dog turd from "Old Yeller" and thats why it cost so much!:biggrin:
Rich

grrrr razzlemift !

I seen this one and had to stop myself . Just because I can't use it doesn't mean I can't pass along a good deal 18" Poulan Chain Saw $30.

Date: 2011-10-02, 10:20AM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

This 18" poulan chain saw has been in dry storage for several years, & has not been started. May need the carburator cleaned. Chain is about 60%. $30. 316-440-6798. Thanks.

5Z15Q25R23m13o13l9ba29634a8f93f3e1b6f.jpg
5O05Q15X63n73p03lcba289b8d16120b41ff4.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back