Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't even started it yet. I've been fighting with the new internet modem that won't work. Now they have to send someone out which will be monday. Back to the verizon cards for the weekend. Maybe if the wife gets back from the store before dark I'll get to cut a cookie or four. :)

It feels real good in the hands with the 24". I even put the 32" rw on it and it wasn't nose heavy with it. I've not even filled it up with mix yet. It weighed 14.2 lbs dry.

I noticed something today looking at my 2188. On the white sticker where it tells how many cc's and such it also says the company name, but on my 2188 it says JONSERED HUSKVARNA SWEDEN. Notice the "k" in husqvarna. On my 372 ans 346 are both spelled with a q as in husqvarna. Just thought that was strange............

dsc00148km.jpg

This is my 2171WH in the process of being refuelled during the lineclearing-job we did today. Saw runs like a stud and the expression "hot knife in butter" springs to mind. Sorry for the crappy pic, it was taken with my cheapo cellphone.

There it is

Well, duhme.

About six months ago I passed on a 272XP missing some parts because I wasn't sure how difficult tracking down parts would be, or if it would even run with the new parts installed. If I had known that I could've used some the parts on my 670 I would've snagged it.

I know I'm in the right place by the thread title:D. I need some Jonsered info. Someone down the road is selling his J-red 2050 for $125, and frankly, I don't know diddly about the models and numbers for Jonsered l. Any information would be appreciated

I know I'm in the right place by the thread title:D. I need some Jonsered info. Someone down the road is selling his J-red 2050 for $125, and frankly, I don't know diddly about the models and numbers for Jonsered l. Any information would be appreciated

I believe it would prolly be about 50cc. Just look at the saw, see what condition its in. run it, and heed the extra advice you get from this thread.

I believe it would prolly be about 50cc. Just look at the saw, see what condition its in. run it, and heed the extra advice you get from this thread.

Yeah, I figured it was in the 50cc class. I just don't know the production dates and reputation of this model. If it's a good model, then there may be a red flavored next to my orange creamsicles

Funny thing is, I was really wanting to purchase a 2165 about year ago when I was replacing a stolen saw. Unfortunately, the dealer and I could not come to an agreement about the price. So I went back to my "old faithful" shop and purchased another Stihl. In my mind, the quality of the dealer is equal to or greater than the product they are selling. Wow, I really digressed there, whoops

Here's a couple videos with a 2171, 2188, and a 2094 along with a husky 372xpw and 390xp. The 390 is the only one thats ported.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0ik7RcWaW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/u0ik7RcWaW4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mt15n5AR-1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Mt15n5AR-1Q?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

The 2050 is an okay homeowner saw for the general firewood service but nothing special. If you only needed a saw for light firewood or yard cleanup the saw is great. If you need something more than that, keep looking. For $125 the saw would have to be super clean. That model hasn't been produced for about 10 years, and was replaced by the 2150.

The 2050 is an okay homeowner saw for the general firewood service but nothing special. If you only needed a saw for light firewood or yard cleanup the saw is great. If you need something more than that, keep looking. For $125 the saw would have to be super clean. That model hasn't been produced for about 10 years, and was replaced by the 2150.

That's what I needed to know. I'm not going to purchase it. Thank you

Today's work

Here's what I did today. My boss started this oak on fire while burning some grass around it. I just made a back cut and wedged it over. I counted 139 rings when it was all said and done. My 80 got a good workout this afternoon, gonna make it into firewood tomorrow!
attachment.php
attachment.php

I noticed something today looking at my 2188. On the white sticker where it tells how many cc's and such it also says the company name, but on my 2188 it says JONSERED HUSKVARNA SWEDEN. Notice the "k" in husqvarna. On my 372 ans 346 are both spelled with a q as in husqvarna. Just thought that was strange............

I hope it doesn't mean this:

"Alternatively, foreign designs for everything from compact cars to iPhones are ripped off and sold under Chinese brand names that often differ only by a letter or two from their original monikers"

see full article:

http://www.manufacturing.net/News/2...hina-To-Crack-Down-On-Counterfeiters/?source=

I hope it doesn't mean this:

"Alternatively, foreign designs for everything from compact cars to iPhones are ripped off and sold under Chinese brand names that often differ only by a letter or two from their original monikers"

see full article:

http://www.manufacturing.net/News/2...hina-To-Crack-Down-On-Counterfeiters/?source=

No. LOL. I really dont think so. mdavlees 2171 said the same thing. He got his from a different dealer also. That did cross my mind though LOL.:D

No. LOL. I really dont think so. mdavlees 2171 said the same thing. He got his from a different dealer also. That did cross my mind though LOL.:D

It's sad to think this is how we have to think these days...

Back