Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello guys, could somebody in the US do a favour for me in Australia? I have been chasing an air filter for my 535 and I finally found one on US eBay which goes off in about 15 hours. I can most likely buy it if I go to around $20.00 (less if I am lucky) but the dude is demanding $31.75 shipping and won’t budge. Shipping to me realistically would be around $6.75 from what I can see. In fact I just received the filter cover from a great bloke in Canada who charged me only $5.00 shipping

PM sent

Hello guys, could somebody in the US do a favour for me in Australia? I have been chasing an air filter for my 535 and I finally found one on US eBay which goes off in about 15 hours. I can most likely buy it if I go to around $20.00 (less if I am lucky) but the dude is demanding $31.75 shipping and won’t budge. Shipping to me realistically would be around $6.75 from what I can see. In fact I just received the filter cover from a great bloke in Canada who charged me only $5.00 shipping.

What I would like to do is buy the air filter and have it sent to a member in the US who would then send it on to me. And I would reimburse that member’s shipping costs via Paypal. How about it –anyone brave enough?

I don't see any way to get it from the US to Australia for much less than $30. You still have to pay the shipping to get it to whoever is going to send it your way. The cheapest option I have found is the small flat rate box from the USPS for about $14. So you are looking at $20 minimum to get it to your door. It might save you $10, but the hassle is kind of a pain. You might want to see if the seller can put it in an international flat rate box for you.

Made a few updates to a couple saws since my last post. I replaced the bars on both my 52 and 625. I got a 16in oregon for the 52 and a 20in Jonsered branded Tsumara for the 625. Very happy with both. I also added the large falling spikes to the 625 to replace the bumpers that came on the saw. I find the saw much more useful in falling situations with the spikes!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here's a question for you Jred heads: I recently purchased a 520sp and it starts and runs great(looks like it has spent most of its life on a shelf). The problem(?) I noticed last time I ran it is a distinct metal intermittent "clink" when its idling. Pretty sure its in the clutch. Doesn't happen when revved just idling. Is this normal?

Here's a question for you Jred heads: I recently purchased a 520sp and it starts and runs great(looks like it has spent most of its life on a shelf). The problem(?) I noticed last time I ran it is a distinct metal intermittent "clink" when its idling. Pretty sure its in the clutch. Doesn't happen when revved just idling. Is this normal?

I think it might be, my 70E has a clinking sorta sound in the background when idling, not sure if it's normal but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.

i was lost out on it dang it looking for parts for my 801 thought that be the way to go was looking for piston and jug for mine but dont have all that much cash to spend any one have spare parts for one
larry

Bummer! Wonder who got it...

Looks good!

Made a few updates to a couple saws since my last post. I replaced the bars on both my 52 and 625. I got a 16in oregon for the 52 and a 20in Jonsered branded Tsumara for the 625. Very happy with both. I also added the large falling spikes to the 625 to replace the bumpers that came on the saw. I find the saw much more useful in falling situations with the spikes!

I like those big spikes!

More or less normal...the clutch drum bearing is a tad on the loose side and every time the clutch drum wobbles it hits the clutch shoes, producing the "jingle". When the clutch is engaged, no wobble...no "jingle" Not really particular to Jonsereds though...

More or less normal...the clutch drum bearing is a tad on the loose side and every time the clutch drum wobbles it hits the clutch shoes, producing the "jingle". When the clutch is engaged, no wobble...no "jingle" Not really particular to Jonsereds though...

Thanks for the info guys. I was hoping it was not a big deal. Rep sent!

Just got my Husqvarna 65 running today and it makes the same jingle when idling :msp_biggrin:

Nasty 590

Well moving on to my recently acquired 590 freebie (yeah right)...

What a mess...

attachment.php

Gotta come up with some way to block off that intake and pulse port for cleaning...

Latest posts

Back