Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine is gonna end up looking like a McDonald's happy meal chainsaw when I get done because I am pretty sure the rewind cover I ordered is going to be yellow.

Maybe that black crap all over your saw is the piston! Seems to be missing :msp_flapper:

Well mine is gonna end up looking like a McDonald's happy meal chainsaw when I get done because I am pretty sure the rewind cover I ordered is going to be yellow.

Maybe that black crap all over your saw is the piston! Seems to be missing :msp_flapper:

Brian, what do you plan to use to clean that saw up?

Depending on your plans you might just use some duct tape to close things off before cleaning...

Brian, what do you plan to use to clean that saw up?

Depending on your plans you might just use some duct tape to close things off before cleaning...

I have Gorilla tape over the ports right now :msp_ohmy: scraping the worst of it off.

I would like to be able to spray the heck out of it with Simple Green, scrub with a tooth brush etc. spray it with the sink sprayer.

Maybe that's just not an option. Should I pull the flywheel to clean behind it? I don't know how I would, can't remove the dawgs or anything must be pressed in.

Wow boys. Now that is some serious "gunk"! Maybe they were cutting up tires to throw into the OWB.:laugh:

Thanks again for the added comments about the "jingle". I've never noticed it with my 630.

My quest for another saw (was looking for an old school Echo 650 EVL) has cooled a bit. Spent a little fun money instead for a rifled slug barrel for the shotgun today(my other weakness...guns!). I bought it right so I still have a little saw fun money left. I was thinking about the 28" Jred bars in the classifieds. Would they work alright on my 630(possibly my 7900 Dolmar too) mainly for a lazy man's stand up bucking bar? Seller was asking 33 bucks plus shipping. Should I look into a skip chain? Haven't tried one yet...

Wow boys. Now that is some serious "gunk"! Maybe they were cutting up tires to throw into the OWB.:laugh:

Thanks again for the added comments about the "jingle". I've never noticed it with my 630.

My quest for another saw (was looking for an old school Echo 650 EVL) has cooled a bit. Spent a little fun money instead for a rifled slug barrel for the shotgun today(my other weakness...guns!). I bought it right so I still have a little saw fun money left. I was thinking about the 28" Jred bars in the classifieds. Would they work alright on my 630(possibly my 7900 Dolmar too) mainly for a lazy man's stand up bucking bar? Seller was asking 33 bucks plus shipping. Should I look into a skip chain? Haven't tried one yet...

The biggest that I would go on the 630 is 20. I have a 625, which has the same displacement, and it hadles a 20 in bar full comp nicely. Anything more than a 20 and I'd start to worry about the oiler keeping up. The Dolmar should handle the 28 IMO.

Yep. I have to agree with you that a 28" bar is normally more than that saw can handle. But for the price I'm tempted to try it. I'm not looking to bury it in a large oak round, the 7900 with a 24" bar is for that. I'd just for bucking smaller logs without having to stoop and (who am I kidding... I'll admit it!) just to have a "big ole' wanging bar" on one of my saws on the cheap! Plus it will keep all my non-chainsaw-educated buddies from asking "Wellhowbiggabardoesithave" in check. This is, after all, why craftsman can sell 35cc chainsaws year after year with 20 inch bars!

I know you have at least two friends that ask this everytime! or is it just me!:msp_smile:

590 Grommet or something?

attachment.php

Can anyone tell me what the long rubber piece (item 506055001) is for in the IPL snapshot above? The shorter brass tube swivels easily in it and if I hook up a line to the long brass tube and blow air comes out the short one???

Mostly concerned that the one brass tube moves.

Looks like the gentleman selling the odd sized Jred bars is going to be in my neighborhood next week. Lucky for me I have a 630 needing a new bar in the .058 too! I know the 28" is a bit much for it but I'm excited to get a long bar for it for a smaller log bucking saw on the cheap. I like to drag smaller logs out to the front of the woods with the quad and I think a skip chain on that set up will be fun for less than 50 bucks total with the bar and chain.

To keep myself and the wife happy I think I'm going to unload the really nice Jonsered 520sp I picked up a few weeks back though. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I might get my feet wet with this saw. Any pointers? I really want to list it for learning experience but at the same time I want to offer to guys here because of all the great help and shared info. It's in great shape for its age with manuals to boot but I'd rather list it here for someone that wants one too. I'm torn a bit...

Looks like the gentleman selling the odd sized Jred bars is going to be in my neighborhood next week. Lucky for me I have a 630 needing a new bar in the .058 too! I know the 28" is a bit much for it but I'm excited to get a long bar for it for a smaller log bucking saw on the cheap. I like to drag smaller logs out to the front of the woods with the quad and I think a skip chain on that set up will be fun for less than 50 bucks total with the bar and chain.

To keep myself and the wife happy I think I'm going to unload the really nice Jonsered 520sp I picked up a few weeks back though. I've never sold anything on ebay, but I might get my feet wet with this saw. Any pointers? I really want to list it for learning experience but at the same time I want to offer to guys here because of all the great help and shared info. It's in great shape for its age with manuals to boot but I'd rather list it here for someone that wants one too. I'm torn a bit...

List it here for nothing, might not sell quickly but you're trying, maybe she'll forget about it. Be prepared to pay on ebay, unless you get on during their list for free deal. And then when you except paypal, you get to pay again to get the money. Have fun!

Dang, nice looking saw Jeff! Last year there was one of them an hour from the house, the guy wanted $50 and it was clean. I'm still kicking myself.

Dang, nice looking saw Jeff! Last year there was one of them an hour from the house, the guy wanted $50 and it was clean. I'm still kicking myself.

If you could have set your Wild Thing down, you could have run it at Seans GTG.
$50, I would buy them all day, til the wallet was empty anyway.

See the post above. Wish Dad would have had one of these. Had to believe its only 49 cc in the wood til you bury the bar.

New dawgs!

Had my local dealer order up the big OEM dogs for my 2171, and they were freaking large! It's what I wanted, so not an issue, but the pictures below really doesn't do them justice.

dsc00471pn.jpg

dsc00472x.jpg

Looking forward to seeing how they feel when out in the woods again next week.

Latest posts

Back