Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok guys will a 820 piston work with a 801 both are 52mm or wood the porting be different
larry

Larry, I have no idea, so I tried to check some part numbers on the respective IPLs, but they're both on my computer that is infected with a nasty virus.

Hopefully someone can answer your question, maybe Cantdog knows.

Hey guys I recently got a 2149 turbo and am in need of a top cover for it. Can any of you help me out. I really like this saw and am planning on keeping it but don't really want to run it to much with the top cover busted around the air cleaner.

ChrisF, I am quite impressed that you have been able to keep that saw that clean and new looking with professional use.

Thanks! I obsess a fair bit over it after a long day out in the woods, I wouldn't say it gets pampered, but it gets a good going-over after every working day.

I don't treat my women as good as I treat this saw.

Larry, I have no idea, so I tried to check some part numbers on the respective IPLs, but they're both on my computer that is infected with a nasty virus.

Hopefully someone can answer your question, maybe Cantdog knows.

I don't think an 820 piston will work in an 801. I'll check my paper IPLs tomorrow but I believe that the 801 is the same as the older 80 with a high domed, full skirt, two ring piston. I think the 820 is more modern in design with a flat top, slab siide piston, requiring a different cyl with much different transfer porting. Again I'm not positive but that's the way I believe it to be. I'll check the numbers tomorrow.

I don't think an 820 piston will work in an 801. I'll check my paper IPLs tomorrow but I believe that the 801 is the same as the older 80 with a high domed, full skirt, two ring piston. I think the 820 is more modern in design with a flat top, slab siide piston, requiring a different cyl with much different transfer porting. Again I'm not positive but that's the way I believe it to be. I'll check the numbers tomorrow.

Absolutely correct. The 801 was essentially an update of the 80, and they do share the domed piston. 820 was a completely different saw.

Just thought I would get my Jreds on this thread.

You have some Jonsered saws, Josh.

attachment.php

Amazing saws, when first time I saw jonsered saw I thought that I need one. :msp_flapper: Sonner or later I will buy one. :msp_drool:

Another pic of my hottie.

dsc00474cp.jpg

The big dawgs on it changed its behaviour more than I thought it would, and it seemed to emphasize any issues as a result of my being less than meticulous when filing my chain.

All in all, I'm glad I got'em.

dsc00474cp.jpg

The big dawgs on it changed its behaviour more than I thought it would, and it seemed to emphasize any issues as a result of my being less than meticulous when filing my chain.

Yeah, that will happen. Its always easier to follow the saw rather than try to guide it. Experiance is a hard teacher to please.

thanks guys i thought i might luck out and get a piston for the old girl but lost out again . i havent found a after market piston for it and the only one i found was on ebay for 100 bucks ohwell
larry

dsc00474cp.jpg

I have problems imagining what you wanted those dawgs for in Norway! ;)

Of course they look nice, but the practical application eludes me!

Of course, the 820 is an "E-lux" Jonsered, not a true Jonsereds!

You have perhaps forgotten the International Jonsereds Heritage Agreement that was authored by Taplinhill and adopted by all of us.

The 820, despite the fact that it was manufactured after the electrolux takeover, is indeed a "true" Jonsereds in that there was no corresponding Husky model. The entire 820/920/830/930 saw family are Jonsered only.

The 910 from which this model family evolved was introduced before the Elux takeover, and is therefore considered a pure Jonsered, as are all pre-elux models such as 621's, 49SP's etc.

Jonsered models that have a directly corresponding Husky model, such as the 2171 are considered shared product.

(Thought you got me, didn't you?):cheers:

I have problems imagining what you wanted those dawgs for in Norway! ;)

Of course they look nice, but the practical application eludes me!

I don't see why they're any less practical for someone cutting a given size tree in Norway, compared to someone cutting a same-size tree in the US. :D

I was watching some of Forestryworks' vids a while back, and he was in a lot of wood around the same size I am, and it got me thinking. I thought I'd give it a spin.

I don't see why they're any less practical for someone cutting a given size tree in Norway, compared to someone cutting a same-size tree in the US. :D

I was watching some of Forestryworks' vids a while back, and he was in a lot of wood around the same size I am, and it got me thinking. I thought I'd give it a spin.

He checked over your blueprints, and something caught his eye. They look, well, they do catch your eye.

You have perhaps forgotten the International Jonsereds Heritage Agreement that was authored by Taplinhill and adopted by all of us.

The 820, despite the fact that it was manufactured after the electrolux takeover, is indeed a "true" Jonsereds in that there was no corresponding Husky model. The entire 820/920/830/930 saw family are Jonsered only.

The 910 from which this model family evolved was introduced before the Elux takeover, and is therefore considered a pure Jonsered, as are all pre-elux models such as 621's, 49SP's etc.

Jonsered models that have a directly corresponding Husky model, such as the 2171 are considered shared product.

(Thought you got me, didn't you?):cheers:

At least one person can remember all the rules :laugh:

I am not sure but it from the rules it looks like of my runners I only have one true Jonsered, my 520sp, and it is my least favorite. My 2077 and 2153 may not be true Jonsereds but I sure do like them.

Back