Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What do you know about the 801? That was the saw I was after but they threw in the others. I seen acres site but was wondering if you had first hand experience? I thought I read it was a later model to your 80?

I forgot there was a Jonsered thread when I made my post

This has it's own thread...http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/166865.htm

but it should be here instead...

CIMG0543.jpg

CIMG0540.jpg

CIMG0544.jpg

CIMG0539.jpg

What do you know about the 801? That was the saw I was after but they threw in the others. I seen acres site but was wondering if you had first hand experience? I thought I read it was a later model to your 80?

Simply put yes...the 801 is an 80...same just about everything except the top cover and air filtration. This stuff was found on the 90. So it depends on how you want look at it, because it's either an 80 with upgraded air filtration or it's a detuned (80cc) 90. Kind of a go between saw. Nice... I'd love to have one. I have 4 80s and zero 90s or 801s......it's good to have goals!!!

Simply put yes...the 801 is an 80...same just about everything except the top cover and air filtration. This stuff was found on the 90. So it depends on how you want look at it, because it's either an 80 with upgraded air filtration or it's a detuned (80cc) 90. Kind of a go between saw. Nice... I'd love to have one. I have 4 80s and zero 90s or 801s......it's good to have goals!!!

You might have some competition for a 90 now!!:hmm3grin2orange: Or even a 1020 but that looks like that might only exist on the internet!

My uncle Jack recently gave me his Jonsereds 751 to work on a little bit. It hasn't cut straight since he got it from his uncle in 1978. Through a little investigation, I found that it had a .050 chain on a .058 bar. I couldn't find any damage to the bar, so a new chain was all that it needed! It runs very strong, and I almost prefer the sound of the saw to my 80. I cleaned it up nice and snapped a few pics this morning....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

My uncle Jack recently gave me his Jonsereds 751 to work on a little bit. It hasn't cut straight since he got it from his uncle in 1978. Through a little investigation, I found that it had a .050 chain on a .058 bar. I couldn't find any damage to the bar, so a new chain was all that it needed! It runs very strong, and I almost prefer the sound of the saw to my 80. I cleaned it up nice and snapped a few pics this morning....

Nice saw!!! Lets see some pics of that 80 now! please!!!

I think that I've posted these before, but here are a couple of my 80. One with the original 20in Sandvik bar, one with a 27in Oregon that I bought for it. It's a strong runner!
attachment.php

attachment.php

I think that I've posted these before, but here are a couple of my 80. One with the original 20in Sandvik bar, one with a 27in Oregon that I bought for it. It's a strong runner!
attachment.php

I like the bar cover :cheers:

Latest posts

Back