Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the bar cover :cheers:

The 751 has an identical cover, along with my M36. They were all purchased new by my late great uncle Floyd. Both the 751 and the 80 covers have the same leather shoe string through the cover that he wrapped around the top handle to hold the cover on. (kind of visible in the first pic of the 80) Knowing these little parts of the history of these saws and the fact that they have been in my family since new just adds to my love for them. Even if they blow up some day I will never part with these saws!

For those of you with a 670 champ, how do you like them, and what current jonsered would you compare them to?

I LOVE mine! Its one of my favorite saws. Its fast and the anitvibe aint bad. The 2165 is probably the most comparable newer saw size wise to it.

Last edited:
The 751 has an identical cover, along with my M36. They were all purchased new by my late great uncle Floyd. Both the 751 and the 80 covers have the same leather shoe string through the cover that he wrapped around the top handle to hold the cover on. (kind of visible in the first pic of the 80) Knowing these little parts of the history of these saws and the fact that they have been in my family since new just adds to my love for them. Even if they blow up some day I will never part with these saws!

That's the right attitude! :cool2:

attachment.php
View attachment 175670
I'm now in the Jonsered club. I paid $30.00 for this 450 at an estate sale today. The thing runs great!
CSW

Yeah thats pretty cool man! like an idiot I sold a saw my dad used for most of my life and now regret it. Oh well you live and learn. Glad you were smart enough to hang on to your saws!!!

For those of you with a 670 champ, how do you like them, and what current jonsered would you compare them to?

I LOVE mine! Its one of my favorite saws. Its fast and the anitvibe aint bad. The 2165 is probably the most comparable newer saw size wise to it.

I love the Champs too! And I agree with the 2165 being the closest. I think it falls between the 2171 and 2165.

I love the Champs too! And I agree with the 2165 being the closest. I think it falls between the 2171 and 2165.

Not much on the newer stuff.....but you're probably right. I 've never run the 2165 or 2171 but have a 670 super II here that is quite strong but having seen vids of J Walker's 2171 at spike60's GTG...gotta say probably not strong enough...though I suspect his was "enhanced".....LOL!!

Not much on the newer stuff.....but you're probably right. I 've never run the 2165 or 2171 but have a 670 super II here that is quite strong but having seen vids of J Walker's 2171 at spike60's GTG...gotta say probably not strong enough...though I suspect his was "enhanced".....LOL!!

Jack's saws most often are far from stock......:hmm3grin2orange:

590 Bump

:poke:

I thought I would bump the Johnny thread. Here is the 590 ready for the parts if they ever get here from PoulanPro.

attachment.php

Just picked up this 621 on Friday. The clutch spring was gone so I need to get one this week. It did start right up but for the next several hours it was making a humming/hissing sound. Opening the gas cap didn't make it go away. Any ideas what was making it?

100_4676.jpg

jonsered 525

Someone gave me a 525 that has some scoring on the piston. I believe that the cylinder can be cleaned up pretty easy, but I will need a new piston assembly. Is this saw worth fixing? If so, where can I find a piston assembly? I think this would be a cool saw to port.

Just picked up this 621 on Friday. The clutch spring was gone so I need to get one this week. It did start right up but for the next several hours it was making a humming/hissing sound. Opening the gas cap didn't make it go away. Any ideas what was making it?

100_4676.jpg

Check out that Wild Thing... now that's a saw! :msp_tongue:

Nice looking 621 Steve, not sure what could be making the hissing sound. :monkey:

100_4676.jpg

Gas from all that cheese.
The humming could be, no, its not that. Maybe the oil tank was under pressure?
BTW, you a lucky dog, know that?

70e

I pulled the 70E out for some wood this weekend. Tweeked the carb a bit for max power in the cut. I can bury the 20" bar now in oak and she just purrs along. Rewind spring broke later in the day but I really like how she sounds. :D

Cool they do need their exercise.....to bad about the recoil spring.....fortunately it and the spark plug are the only two parts you can still buy for it...LOL!!

Yep just nailed a new one on Ebay. :laugh: I got most of the parts to return it to running condition from AS member PES+ but I haven't seen him on here for quite awhile now.

Latest posts

Back