Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Jonsereds are really my favorites at this point...and my favorite Jonsereds are those 820-920-930 series saws. They are heavy, but they run really strong for any generation saw! Just put together a running 621 with the help of Saw Dr. & Spike60 and that's a nice saw as well. Ran my 920 again yesterday for a short time..and it again reminded me why I like those damn things! Winter is having its last hurah...hope to get back in the woods in a week or so to run those winter Projects! Think the three saw plan might be a 49sp, 621, and 920 for some of those trips.;)

Last edited:
Looking for Chain-brake handle

I recently broke the chain brake handle on a Pioneer/Partner 330 from the middle 80's and have been trying to find a replacement. At the "Chainsawr" site I found reference that the handle I need was also used on the Jonsereds 365 (see this listing), but not currently available from him. Anyone have a spare lying around in an old box of parts they'd be interesting in selling.

Here is the Pioneer/Partner awaiting the epoxy to dry on my repair attempt:
jere39-albums802-176312.jpg

Thanks for any recommendations

Last edited:
I recently broke the chain brake handle on a Pioneer/Partner 330 from the middle 80's and have been trying to find a replacement. At the "Chainsawr" site I found reference that the handle I need was also used on the Jonsereds 365 (see this listing), but not currently available from him. Anyone have a spare lying around in an old box of parts they'd be interesting in selling.

Here is the Pioneer/Partner awaiting the epoxy to dry on my repair attempt:
jere39-albums802-176312.jpg

Thanks for any recommendations

Did you try PoulanPro? They still have a lot of parts for older saws available.

Did you try PoulanPro? They still have a lot of parts for older saws available.

I did try, but I have to admit I struggled with their Parts web-interface. I found PP330 gas saw Type 1 and Type 2. It was the closest thing I could find, and that was assuming that PP330 was abreviation for Pioneer Partner 330. The exploded part diagram was of a very similar looking saw, but not identical, with enough differences so that I had no confidence the "chain brake" assembly would work. The handle itself was not listed separately.
Thanks for the pointer

New 621

It's been a crappy day here (Twin Cities, MN) weather wise, with snow and freezing rain before that. Went to my local mom and pop saw shop, and found this 621 for a hundred bucks. By the looks of the trigger handle, it has seen very little use. There is one small crack in the clutch cover. Other than that, it's a sweet runner! I can't wait to get it into some wood!
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

A couple more pics:
One with the 621's big brother.
attachment.php

One of my helper. He's an 11 month old boxer named Leonard.
attachment.php

And here's my collection minus the M36, Left to right, 80, 751(my uncle's), 621, 625 II, 52.
attachment.php

Looks great! I didn't realize the top was supposed to be that shiny! :msp_angry:

What would be the best way to brighten up the one I have?

That's a good question! I got lucky on the 621, very low hours. I kinda like the looks of the beat up top covers though. They tell the saw's story over the years, ya know?

Finally!

OrderTree is finally shipping me the parts for the 590 project (less the brake band as they don't have anymore).

So I will need to find a brake band but other than that this 590 project will finally move along. :clap:

590 Project

attachment.php

attachment.php

Got the 590 about halfway done yesterday.

Looks a bit better!

I think that was one of the most dirty saws I ever seen. :dizzy:

Looks real good now Brian. I love these saws, super easy to work on.

Here's a couple pics of my 590 after the rebuild. Hopefully Joe will get the decals soon.
arrowheadpioneer

arrowheadpioneer

Looks great Ed! The decals will really close the deal. :cheers:

I dig that bucking dawg, need to find me one of those. No dawg on the saw I have.

I have to ask man, how in the world did you get the saw that clean after being so dirty? It looks great so far, please keep us updated on the project.

Dang, Brian, did someone bury (literally) that saw? I'm looking forward to reading & seeing more about it.

I don't know, the farmer who gave it to me had it sitting up in the loft but the dirt is all sawdust. Every handle on it was broken like it got ran over but he said that didn't happen. Bet it fell off the tractor a few time though :laugh:

I have to ask man, how in the world did you get the saw that clean after being so dirty? It looks great so far, please keep us updated on the project.

Thanks, I just pulled it all the way down (didn't pull the jug or split the case though). I blocked off the intake, pulse port and exhaust as best I could and went to town with simple green and a tooth brush and water. Compressed air did it's fair share too.

The Jonsereds are really my favorites at this point...and my favorite Jonsereds are those 820-920-930 series saws. They are heavy, but they run really strong for any generation saw! Just put together a running 621 with the help of Saw Dr. & Spike60 and that's a nice saw as well. Ran my 920 again yesterday for a short time..and it again reminded me why I like those damn things! Winter is having its last hurah...hope to get back in the woods in a week or so to run those winter Projects! Think the three saw plan might be a 49sp, 621, and 920 for some of those trips.;)

I bought an 80 as a back-up saw (Husky 2100 for main saw) when I was still loggin'...around '81. Put a 28" bar on it and /.404 skip tooth chisel. Still have that combination today and use it all the time in my fencing trade. Pulled almost 160lbs compression just last week on a test. I'm impressed.:msp_ohmy:

I thought I wanted to try a 1020, but found out it's just a re-badged Partner. So what I'd really like to try is the 90...probably just a slightly bored out 80 and uses all the same parts? Anyway, VERY partial to the old 'true' Jonsereds.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back