Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jack, you always seem to get the good stuff. :)

I was watching that old sign on Ebay but it quickly got too rich for my blood. That other one, is that one new that you can get from the dealer for $30?

Just watched one of my favorite movies, "Man With A Plan". It's a Tunbridge, VT movie with Fred Tuttle as the old farmer running for Congress. In the movie a Jonsered Hat is worn by one of the "voters", and a guy uses a 670 Champ to drop a tree on Fred. Wish I had a video clip.

Jack, you always seem to get the good stuff. :)

I was watching that old sign on Ebay but it quickly got too rich for my blood. That other one, is that one new that you can get from the dealer for $30?

I was watching that 621 sign too......with the same results......I have trouble spending more for the sign than I would the saw...good for you Jack. I'm glad to went to you.

That Jonsereds sign was printed in Canada in 73.

This new dealer sign is not mine. Shot this picture at a local dealer near me for free. He did check out what a new one would cost, it was alot more than 30 bucks.

002-1.jpg

The 80cc version of the 90 is the 801, but the slightly older 80 is also very similar.

The last "true" Jonsereds was the 910 (1979), as I see it....:msp_wink:

The model 90 is supposed to be 87cc....slightly bigger than the model 80 at 80cc. That's why I would be curious to run the 90 and see if it had a bit more grunt than my 80. My guess was that it was a bored out model 80.

Kevin

Would anyone be able to tell me if I can get a new clutch spring for a 70E? I brought a few used clutches but the springs are shot.

It's Alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I couldn't wait. I put the unpainted muffler on, Green Machine donated the CJ7Y for the night and I buttoned her up. Filled up the fuel and bar oil. Five pulls on choke and she fired, choke off, locked the trigger and on the sixth she roared to life. :rock:

I of course don't have the needles quite right but this little puppy has some RPMs. I am sure once I run her a bit and get the needles just right it will be a good saw. Oiler is putting out and seems to run nice. Still need to find a brake band.

No laughing at the McDonald's color scheme...I thought it would look really bad but with the UL and safety warning stickers it sort of bleand in :hmm3grin2orange:

Special thanks to ModifiedMark for parts. :cheers:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Well I couldn't wait. I put the unpainted muffler on, Green Machine donated the CJ7Y for the night and I buttoned her up. Filled up the fuel and bar oil. Five pulls on choke and she fired, choke off, locked the trigger and on the sixth she roared to life. :rock:

I of course don't have the needles quite right but this little puppy has some RPMs. I am sure once I run her a bit and get the needles just right it will be a good saw. Oiler is putting out and seems to run nice. Still need to find a brake band.

No laughing at the McDonald's color scheme...I thought it would look really bad but with the UL and safety warning stickers it sort of bleand in :hmm3grin2orange:

Special thanks to ModifiedMark for parts. :cheers:

I'll take a Big Mac and large fries please. LOL

Kidding Brian, I'll keep my eyes open for a red cover for you. I'm glad you got it going. They are really nice saws. :cheers:

I'll take a Big Mac and large fries please. LOL

Kidding Brian, I'll keep my eyes open for a red cover for you. I'm glad you got it going. They are really nice saws. :cheers:

Would you like a beverage with that, salt, ketchup? :laugh:

I think you actually can still order the red one but it was about 3 or 4 times the money.

Thanks Ed.

Last edited:
830 ?

Just bought a 830 Jonsered on e-bay. It came without bucking spikes (log dogs). Are they available along with the mounting screws?
Thanks

Just bought a 830 Jonsered on e-bay. It came without bucking spikes (log dogs). Are they available along with the mounting screws?
Thanks

If you are lucky to find them on eBay. Otherwise, you need the pattern and then have a machine shop make them. I used to have the pattern, but don't know where I put it. A few others have it, now, too. Been so long (at least for me) that I don't even remember who I gave the pattern to!:dizzy:

I heard the recoils were NLA. I had to beg, borrow, and steal to get my last one! Where would you go to order one?

I know of a old time Jred dealer, he still has some nos red covers, he wanted $50 for the bare housing. :dizzy:

I know of a old time Jred dealer, he still has some nos red covers, he wanted $50 for the bare housing. :dizzy:

Last time I bought one, it was at the local hardware store. They had one still in the plastic (bare plastic) and I paid $40 for it. Nice to know that there are still some available. Just shows that things are worth whatever you are willing to pay for it!

You told me so!

Just thought I'd update for the sake of being honest and for other joes that might get caught up in BBS(that's Big Bar Syndrome for the uninformed). My 28" Jred bar on the cheap experiment was what some websites like to call an "EPIC FAILURE".

I picked up a chain from bailey's to match a nice NOS 28" bar i purchased locally from a classified on this site. To be fair it is a really nice bar, it's just my application that didn't work... Thought it would be nice to buck up logs in front of my woods with it without stooping. Silly me. I'd much rather stoop than handle all that weight and also avoid the hidden old pasture fence under the leaves that I promptly let sparks fly off of in the first five minutes of sawing....

Price of bar and chain...(now boogered up chain)...$50
Life lesson of light, responsive saw working best...Priceless

Oh well, maybe someday I'll buy a .058 sprocket for the Dolmar...
(At least the Jred bar looks good hanging on the shed wall!) Cheers!
Here's a one last pic of it looking tough for ya!:
0305111346.jpg

You don't need to buy an .058 sprocket. Any gauge chain will fit a sprocket as long as it is the correct pitch (3/8, .325 etc.).

Your right! Thanks. I'd rep ya but its making me spread it around a bit. That bar will work much better on the Dolmar in any big wood I find! I'll leave the bucking to my bitty bars...

Latest posts

Back