Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jonsered Bars

I'd like to find a Jonsered branded bar for my 830. Looking for something in the 30" range 3/8 X .050. Anything like that available?
TIA.

a little info here: http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/83611.htm

I need a bar for my 920, thought the black Carlton's Baileys has right now would be suitable enough to my eye - and the price is right. I swapped out my bar studs so it'll take a D009 mount.

Thank you. My 49SP has a Jonsered branded bar on it, and I wanted to find one for my 830. Jonsered dealers are pretty scarce around here. I'll check out those Charlton bars.

Thank you. My 49SP has a Jonsered branded bar on it, and I wanted to find one for my 830. Jonsered dealers are pretty scarce around here. I'll check out those Charlton bars.

If you don't want to swap out the studs, you can just hog out the slot on the bar a little. I think the 830/930 studs are 9.5mm and the large mount husky slots (D009) are for a 9mm stud.

Again thanks. I guess the other route I could take is to buy a Sugihara bar. I'm running them on my 480CD and 281XP Husky's. Still not really sold on the spacers however.

The old Homelite 360-750 and I believe XL12 bars, fit the old Jonsereds 66-111 saws. Most of the new bars are for the Husky mount and while you can grind the bar adjuster slots and make them fit. The bar is wider at the back and the oil hole is up higher. I used a Husky bar, and the bar wouldn't even cover the oil hole. It just poured oil onto the top of the chain. Also the Husky has a 9mm slot where the Jonsereds has a 9.5mm slot. That's no big deal to grind. but the oil hole issue is a problem. Baileys has 16, 20, 24, and 28 inch Oregon bars for older Jonsereds.

If you don't want to swap out the studs, you can just hog out the slot on the bar a little. I think the 830/930 studs are 9.5mm and the large mount husky slots (D009) are for a 9mm stud.
The ol' Jonsered bars are close to 10mm, the ol' Homelite ones are 9.5mm and the large Husky ones are 9mm. The oiler holes fits between them, as far as I know.

The (slight) down-side with the ol' Homelite bars is that they sometimes have non-standard dl counts, by todays standards - like 70dl in 20", not 72.

Jonsered 820 IPL

I need a Jonsereds 820 IPL or I at least need the brake band part number off of it?

[email protected]

If anyone can let mw know that would be awesome.

Thanks,

Brian

Sponsor 'Chainsawr' has gobs of IPL's on his website. 830 or 920 should be the same part #

Chainsawr Illustrated Part Lists

Thanks for the idea!

the 830 has brake band part number 504983462,
the 590 I need one for has part number 503459701

I wish I could tell if an 820 brake band would work. On the IPLs the "look" identical but obviously there are no dimensions...

Does anyone know?

Yes!

When I asked the guy selling the 820 brake band cover assy he said "I have one for a 490, I will list that for you". A few minutes later I had me a 490 cover with a good band. I think it will plop right on my 590! Finally this saw will be complete.

When I asked the guy selling the 820 brake band cover assy he said "I have one for a 490, I will list that for you". A few minutes later I had me a 490 cover with a good band. I think it will plop right on my 590! Finally this saw will be complete.

That's good news. Chasing down NLA Jonsered(s) parts can be a PITA.

That's good news. Chasing down NLA Jonsered(s) parts can be a PITA.

That brake band was a real bugger. Been watching for a long time. Even emailed all the Jonsered parts people I have a list for. no dice.

The 490 one surely should fit on the 590.

Would any of you guys know where I could find a full wrap handle for a model 90 and a serviceable Jonsered model XF (I'm aware that this second one is a long shot)? Any help would be great.

AH-HA that's good to know as I have one NOS case half with the "N" designation and another NOS half with the "N1" that I intend to use on my (mostly) NOS 621 build from scratch.

Good work Terry!! I love those old 80s.....just picked up a real nice 90 P&C which I intend to put on an old 80 that I have kicking around and see how that goes with perhaps a mild porting. I think I will really like the decomp as my running 80 will really leave black screech marks between your fingers if you aren't real committed when starting and it decides it wants the cord back...NOW!!!

Niko....seems like yesterday..doesn't it?? LOL!

RiverRat...is that your panhead in your avitar?? What yr????

I have to laugh at the cord back thing, this little guy does seem to be ornery that way once in a while. I have had to overhaul the intake a couple times on mine. I think the bolts for the carb have been stretched a little, as they tend to go completely through the intake manifold and put pressure against the cylinder, literally pushing the intake manifold off the cylinder. I added a small washer to the bolts, and a bit of loctite to the intake bolts, seems to have solved the problem. I really like this saw, I don't know why, but it is alot of fun!

Back