Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got this little guy from BigBadBob, while at the GTG.

offbrands005-1.jpg

offbrands004-2.jpg

offbrands003-2.jpg

There are a few things to work out, some I know about and I'm sure
there will be a few more as I go through it.

You-all want this thread stickied?

Aren't there enough threads stickied already? Christ, it's getting out of control. What happened to the free market economy? Threads will stay at the top if people want them too.

PS, that 621 is a nice looking saw. If you need a good bar at a decent price send me a PM. There is a source that I can't post in the forum. :cheers:

That there is a VERY long shot. Not many people have a 590 piston and even fewer are willing to separate with them. I will keep my eyes open for you though. :cheers:

LOL... Yea, I figured it was a stretch, but I got my fingers and toes crossed. :msp_smile:

That there is a VERY long shot. Not many people have a 590 piston and even fewer are willing to separate with them. I will keep my eyes open for you though. :cheers:

:laugh:

are the 490's and the 590's the same bore/stroke? should be some other options out there..... unless this is a puritan saw :dizzy:

on that note...

anyone have a rear handle mount, felling spike, or spikes, and maybe a coil for a Jonsered 910? :bowdown: have plenty to give/trade...1st born isn't here yet, though...lol

Last edited:
The casting numbers are all the same on the 490/590/Partner 5000's. That's Mahles cast number. The manufacturer decides bore and port timing. The part numbers are what's different.

correct....that is the way I understood it... the manuf. must also determine DOME/combustion chamber.... as the same cyl is used on some orange saws too, and the squish clearance is MORE, and compression less. :cheers:

question here is, what's better, a 490/5000, or a 590??? :cheers:

Is the manuf. part # on the cyl as well, somewhere?

J

If you have been adjusting the points, you don't have a 70E. The E stands for electronic ignition, and the 70's didn't have points.

You guys are right, I am sure. I haven't had the pleasure of being around a lot of Jonesered saws so I am kinda retarded about them. At the moment that particular project has kind of been back burnered, due to keeping existing saws running, I sure appreciate you guys for all the help though.

80cc's. Made between 1970 and 1980. It does have points like you said. I can't help with parts though. Sorry.

Latest posts

Back