Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
eh, it's 2.3ci. should do quite well around the home. i'd buy a poulan box-store saw for cheaper, though, if that was what I was going for.

LOL - they are made at the Poulan factory, but they are not rebadged Poulan saws! :D

The lack of power isn't Poulan related, but EPA related - the 36/41 and 136/141 (and even the 137/142 outside the US) had OK power for the engine size......

LOL - they are made at the Poulan factory, but they are not rebadged Poulan saws! :D

The lack of power isn't Poulan related, but EPA related - the 36/41 and 136/141 (and even the 137/142 outside the US) had OK power for the engine size......

kk -

but I'd still recommend a poulan badged 2.3 CI, if not needing to make a living with it. one of those bailey's 16" bar/chain combos would help it out lots. i'm guessing my mid '80s 2300 doesn't have the killer EPA restrictions -- it runs like a scalded dog.

Well, I got to play around a bit more on the 910... the insulation was falling apart on the coil / spark wires. I cut them off, soldered on new wires, insulated with heat shrink, sealed with liquid tape. I temporarily hooked up the ground and got solid spark! yay! I think that should last another few years.

Thanks. +1 for you!

so, you're saying you don't have that large assembly at all. Interesting.

And that post is beat up pretty good, so maybe it is a safety or limitting device, as you say. Funny they would go to the trouble of putting two holes in the bracket. Maybe just for access to the post. When I get it all stuck back together I'll see if I want to modify that somehow. Seems a shame to have a perfectly good set of holes and brackets without something attached to them. :)

Oh, and you ain't kidding about yours being cherry... sheesh - the clutch looks brand new, even.

I just took another look at my saw. My rubber mount dosen't have the larger hole for the pin to go through. So apparently Jred changed it at some point. I believe my saw is a 79, so yours is probably right before the switch to the 920's,

Does anyone know the part number for crank bearings in a 111S? I have them on my computer, but that is 800 miles away.

My goal is to get it up and running before the Maine GTG in October.

:cheers:

Does anyone know the part number for crank bearings in a 111S? I have them on my computer, but that is 800 miles away.

My goal is to get it up and running before the Maine GTG in October.

The OEM Jonsereds part # is 504 230 012........the seal # is 504 146 200...these are the same seals as the 49,52/52E, 601,66E, 70E, 80, 801, 90 and others..the bearings are different (larger I assume) than the 80/90 saws. Good luck Lee... if there is anything I can do to help just holler!!!

The OEM Jonsereds part # is 504 230 012........the seal # is 504 146 200...these are the same seals as the 49,52/52E, 601,66E, 70E, 80, 801, 90 and others..the bearings are different (larger I assume) than the 80/90 saws. Good luck Lee... if there is anything I can do to help just holler!!!

Thanks Robin. I am trying to get things in order so I can tackle that saw as soon as I get it in my garage. I am stuck down here in MD until next weekend. I have pipe dreams of getting the 111S, 2159, 920 and Mac 5-49 done before the GTG but I doubt I will get one done, let alone all 4.

It looks like the crank bearings are the same as the 910. The updated part number 503 25 00-02 is the same as the 288's also. Should be easy to find.

Yes they do look the same as he 910E/EV. Yes if you have the dimensions it would be easy enough to find the correct bearing at Applied Tech or Motion Ind. I have Applied's full giant catalog at the shop so you can see what's available brand wise in this size.

I might just go the OEM route, maybe a few more dollars but it will be easier for me. I have heard that these 111's go together much easier with company and a 6-pack of Ballantine's. :cheers:

I might just go the OEM route, maybe a few more dollars but it will be easier for me. I have heard that these 111's go together much easier with company and a 6-pack of Ballantine's. :cheers:

I expect that OEM is FAG....if you can get the numbers off the bearing I can probably pick up the same bearings at Applied as I have to get 3 pr of bearings for the 630/670 series and a few sets of seals too..

How about a case gasket for that 111??? Do you have one.... or a pattern...or just make one from scratch??

Either way...I agree bearing and case assembly is best shared with company and a couple Ballentines!!! LOL!! Let me know as I am going to try and bring this Jonsered 672 "West Coast" clone I've been gathering for, to life in time for the GTG.....that's my goal anyway...

Old Jonsereds - Can you help me save it?

Hi, My name's Bert from Black Earth, WI. I'm here after searching for information on Jonsereds Chainsaws. I bought a Jonsereds at an auction for $20 3 years ago and happily it has started and run well ever since. until last week. Man, what a saw. Torque; all you want and power to spare. It was just what I heeded for my bigger red oaks.

I'll attach some pictures. No model indicated anywhere but the s/n is 2301627. I imagine the saw is over 30 years old.

No spark at all, and it has two coils. One at the flywheel and one at the spark plug. Neither show open Ohms but there just isn't a whisper of a spark. Eliminated the stop switch and there are no apparent shorts to ground or broken wires. So it must be one of the coils or both of them. Where do I go from here? Does anyone have any replacement parts or are there any modern schemes to go from the flywheel coil direct to the spark plug? I see there are several coils that do just that,View attachment 196554View attachment 196555 but don't look like they would bolt on as a replacement.

I'd hate to give up on this saw, so I any of you have some suggestions I'd sure be receptive.

Regards

Hi, My name's Bert from Black Earth, WI. I'm here after searching for information on Jonsereds Chainsaws. I bought a Jonsereds at an auction for $20 3 years ago and happily it has started and run well ever since. until last week. Man, what a saw. Torque; all you want and power to spare. It was just what I heeded for my bigger red oaks.

I'll attach some pictures. No model indicated anywhere but the s/n is 2301627. I imagine the saw is over 30 years old.

No spark at all, and it has two coils. One at the flywheel and one at the spark plug. Neither show open Ohms but there just isn't a whisper of a spark. Eliminated the stop switch and there are no apparent shorts to ground or broken wires. So it must be one of the coils or both of them. Where do I go from here? Does anyone have any replacement parts or are there any modern schemes to go from the flywheel coil direct to the spark plug? I see there are several coils that do just that,View attachment 196554View attachment 196555 but don't look like they would bolt on as a replacement.

I'd hate to give up on this saw, so I any of you have some suggestions I'd sure be receptive.

Regards

That looks like a 910 (or 920/930). One of the gurus will be along to confirm which model it is.

Check your PMs as well. That usually helps in these cases.

Regards

You have a Jonsereds 910E. The decompression valve on the top is a dead give away. Stupid question, but have you tried a new spark plug? Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I think a coil from a 288xp will work on the 910, and the spark plug coil from a Jonsered 451E is the same. No longer available from Jonsered but you can usually find a used one on Ebay or Chainsawr.com.

Latest posts

Back