Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 2 80s and the points block was bad on one.But all mine had good wires.I think the electrical is the same on the 601.I bought a 601 cover that had a good coil in it

Late to the party but yep....90. Decomp not on the 801 which is very similar and could even have the same top cover but with a rubber plug where the decomp would be.

Great pro saw and if low hr, good find! Clean 'er up well and she'll be pretty spiffy. Looks all there and not beat up.....look at the bottom for 'cancer'.

Kevin

well, I didn't get it. A-holes on Marketplace that never respond. probably sold it weeks ago and never took it down. I hate people. :p

but I got this today to hang out with the 621.

View attachment 1199262
Bummer.....don't feel too bad, as I hate social media as well and get ghosted sometimes. The last person to ghost me however was AS/Bill G who I thought was a druggie or an alcoholic because of the texts he sent me and a failed, promised transaction. Turns out I was correct; he was a roaring alcoholic and did jail time over it. You never know who you're talking to online.

As Robin said in the past, many people bought the 49sp because the 621 was so much more expensive. The 49sp isn't a pro saw, but don't tell it that because it acts otherwise! Good pair to have by contrast.

Kevin

Bummer.....don't feel too bad, as I hate social media as well and get ghosted sometimes. The last person to ghost me however was AS/Bill G who I thought was an druggie or an alcoholic because of the texts he sent me and a failed, promised transaction. Turns out I was correct; he was a roaring alcoholic and did jail time over it. You never know who you're talking to online.

As Robin said in the past, many people bought the 49sp because the 621 was so much more expensive. The 49sp isn't a pro saw, but don't tell it that because it acts otherwise! Good pair to have by contrast.

Kevin
what makes it a consumer saw vs the 621? I don't see a bunch of plastic or clamshell or anything visually cheap looking. although I just got home with it and really haven't looked it over hard yet.

what makes it a consumer saw vs the 621? I don't see a bunch of plastic or clamshell or anything visually cheap looking. although I just got home with it and really haven't looked it over hard yet.
The 49 sp had finger ports and points and condenser. The 52e was the pro 3 cube saw and had closed ports and electronic ignition.

The 49 sp had finger ports and points and condenser. The 52e was the pro 3 cube saw and had closed ports and electronic ignition.
Yep and they did a number of other crazy things to reduce the cost. Like the points ign is special to the 49 and no where bear as robust as the points ign on the the 52 and 621. The 49 doesn't have fuel cap and oil cap chains though the caps are the same. The 52/52E has the same clutch cover as the 49 but the 52/52E has a little rubber bumper on the rear inside of the cover to keep it from vibrating against the case.....the 49 has the place for it but no rubber bumper. These are just a couple of cost cutting measures they did to make it a Semi Pro saw.

Yep.....The 49 SP is a points ign as well but totally different. The 621 ign was basically the same as used in all points Igns from the 52 clear up to and including the 111S. AS you can see the 49 ign is not as robust as the 621 and they didn't even share the contact points. However the 49 ign is very durable and requires little attention in practice. Acres, though a tremendous asset is not without errors here and there.

49 SP and 70E Build 077.jpg

Back