Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only saw in my stable that has a chain brake is the 2094. But for someone who isn't a pro, they're a good idea. Just as an FYI, when chains do come off commercial saws if they have a full wrap, that wrap takes the brunt of the damage(along with the case's chain stop) and stops the chain from going to your hands.

Kevin

When the 910 first came out the chain brakes were an option and those covers were in fact different than the ones in your IPL, nor were the linkages interchangeable between early and late. A complete early 910 chain brake is really rare as it would have had to been dealer installed on order. The entire covers will interchange between the three saws. My 910 has real nice original cover and I came by a late 920/930 cover that was rough but had a good working brake so I thought to change that set up into my nice 910 cover….. nope….. not gonna happen

I am fairly certain the 920/930 clutch cover will fit on a 910.

20240624_080941.jpg

920 cover on the 910

20240624_081019.jpg

20240624_080959.jpg

920 cover on the 920

20240624_081026.jpg

It has been a while since I mess with either of those saws but I don't think I had to make any modifications to the cover to fit the 910. It is possible there are different versions of the covers, I just don't have that much practical experience with them.

FWIW, the 910E came from George Blake many years ago and has been put to work by me a time or two.

Cutting Ash.JPG

Mark

As far as the differences between the early and late covers, notice in Mark's pics the 910 that has the 920 cover first. Note the roll pin locations that hold the linkages in the cover.....now look at the 920 with the 920 cover. Note the roll pin locations on this cover.......no where near the same. This is the difference I was talking about between early and late. The second one is the late and the first pic is the early cover.

As you can see mine has the early cover.IMG_1774.jpg

As far as the differences between the early and late covers, notice in Mark's pics the 910 that has the 920 cover first. Note the roll pin locations that hold the linkages in the cover.....now look at the 920 with the 920 cover. Note the roll pin locations on this cover.......no where near the same. This is the difference I was talking about between early and late. The second one is the late and the first pic is the early cover.

As you can see mine has the early cover.View attachment 1186185
Old Oregon bar with the half-moon three rivet set up on the sprocket tip. Unless it's 3/8", you'll have Hell to pay to find a replacement tip in .404. 3/8" tips OTOH are not exactly 'common', but they're out there. Gorgeous 910e! I wouldn't know what to do with a saw that pretty. My gut instinct would be to take it outside and run the 'new' off it.:p

Roll pins are different between the covers as you say. Yeah, clear as mud....lol.

Kevin

This latest cover change may be as simple as the bar stud holes being smaller to fit the large mount Husky bars and smaller studs.......it was 1986 and near the end for this series.....just a thought....
Makes sense as they would be trying to get away from the old 10mm studs and go with large mount Husky studs.....heavily Husky-influenced saw at that point.

Kevin

The 111 is back together and fully operational, but my phone and computer are having a disagreement so no photos tonight...

I absolutely must pull the starter handle out when shutting it down, three times today it died when I wasn't ready and the last bit of back spin either pulled the knot right through the starter handle or broke the rope.

Mark

View attachment 1186391

View attachment 1186392

View attachment 1186393

The front handle had obviously been repaired or modified at some point.

View attachment 1186394

View attachment 1186395

Square ground semi-skip .404 chisel chain, should be easy enough to find another here in Iowa...

Mark
That's fine compression for their large cc old design saw. As I said, that full-wrap is a mess. Saw cleaned up nicely!

Looks like from your tear-down pic, you're stuck with spur drive. Believe it or not, most of these saws(if not all) came from Jonsereds that way. I was able to find an Oregon floating drum/rim for mine. Not impossible to find, but tough.

Kevin

Latest posts

Back