Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've heard the same and that they had a butt load of torque and very high compression. don't think they had a compression release either :surprised3:. the ad says it is missing the fuel tank cap. my reading is that the fuel caps were fragile and now very hard to find.

I've heard the same and that they had a butt load of torque and very high compression. don't think they had a compression release either :surprised3:. the ad says it is missing the fuel tank cap. my reading is that the fuel caps were fragile and now very hard to find.
They can run backwards too, I've heard.

nice filter as far as being sturdy and easy to clean. don't know how well they filter though.

View attachment 1200520
Felt ones were better same configuration, but rarer and more expensive. Good nylon mesh was fine for these saws. No reason to move heaven & earth to find the felt ones. The cylinder hard coating is pretty impervious to fine sawdust......as witnessed by old Jonsereds with still high compression.

Kevin

def oiling the chain. may need to turn that down.

View attachment 1200521
Depends on what you're cutting! As a pro, my oilers were always at max for the most part.....depends on bar length too. Try to adjust your oiler(if adjustable) to run out about the same time as the gas mix. My pro saws would run out of oil just before the gas mix....I could always tell by the way it was cutting and a sign that I was about to run out of gas mix.....so I'd stop and refill at that point.

Kevin

I went to pick up a couple of flip saws from a guy I know. He points at a saw in the corner and says you interested in that one. The Turbo on the air cleaner caught my interest so I flipped it around. Seeing the 2094 on the recoil made me pretty happy! I says yup. I’m interested 😀

Attachments

• IMG_8615.jpeg
    IMG_8615.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8616.jpeg
    IMG_8616.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8617.jpeg
    IMG_8617.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_8619.jpeg
    IMG_8619.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
I went to pick up a couple of flip saws from a guy I know. He points at a saw in the corner and says you interested in that one. The Turbo on the air cleaner caught my interest so I flipped it around. Seeing the 2094 on the recoil made me pretty happy! I says yup. I’m interested 😀
Great find/saw! Have one myself(see sig pic). Full-wrap handle simplifies that rather bizarre configuration. Full-wraps for that saw are not easy to find, however.

Looks low-hr.

Kevin

I haven’t had a chance to give it a good inspection yet but it does look to be in good shape with like likely very little use. Appears ti have some of the same features as a 920/820 series. I’m not overly familiar with this model though. I’m sssuming this is still one of the “true” Jonsereds models or does this share any Husqvarna parts?

I haven’t had a chance to give it a good inspection yet but it does look to be in good shape with like likely very little use. Appears ti have some of the same features as a 920/820 series. I’m not overly familiar with this model though. I’m sssuming this is still one of the “true” Jonsereds models or does this share any Husqvarna parts?

At the point in time, I'd say it's mostly Husqvarna with a little Jonsered (crankcase) and a little Partner (handles).

Hi guys,I just got a 520SP.It's a great running saw after a new fuel filter.Im wondering if the air filter from a 525 is the same?Therte's one of each on the Bay & for different prices.
This saw has low hrs.& I believe the reason they got rid of it is because I'm fairly certain that they were trying to run a 3/8 pitch bar & chain on a .3235 rim.

I changed the rim to a .375 & still it has the same problem.The clutch shoes are good & the clutch spring isn't broken.I lubed the bearing & the drum spins freely.All is good till I put the chain on it,then it binds.I've never had a bar & chain give me so much trouble.

I changed the rim to a .375 & still it has the same problem.The clutch shoes are good & the clutch spring isn't broken.I lubed the bearing & the drum spins freely.All is good till I put the chain on it,then it binds.I've never had a bar & chain give me so much trouble
The kind of boxes I like to receive

View attachment 1201228
I changed the rim to a .375 & still it has the same problem.The clutch shoes are good & the clutch spring isn't broken.I lubed the bearing & the drum spins freely.All is good till I put the chain on it,then it binds.I've never had a bar & chain give me so much trouble.
Run the chain on the bar by hand , check for binding at the tip and in the rails, you could have a buggered drive link or a bar issue . Eliminate that first then look at the saw drive components again .

There are no true large cc Jonsered saws after the 910e. That was the last. However, later on, there were Jonsered/Husky saws that differed from each other. Could be some old engineers from the old Jonsereds days influencing...who knows?

The 2094 is pretty much the same as the Husky 394. However, the cases are different and the stroke of the 2094 is down further in the case than the 394. This makes some parts not swapable. Otherwise, they are very similar in performance...some say the 2094 out-of-the-box is 'wilder' than the 394. I can't weigh in on that because I've never run the 394...although I was so sure that I was gonna get one, I bought the workshop manual for it....lol.

But I can weigh in on the 2094. I did an extended real-time test of the Husky 2100 pitted against the 2094 in 100-year-old Maple for about three-plus solid days. I posted the results in here. The 2100 could only walk away from the 2094 when the timber got over 3' in diameter. Under that, the 2094 was a screaming animal. Same 3' bars and chains.

Kevin

was looking for bar covers for my 3 Jonsereds. figured Husqvarna must sell red versions of their covers for their Jonsered line. surprised that the only one I could find was on ebay and from England with a huge shipping cost. gotta stay color coordinated ya know.

Latest posts

Back