McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris B had several bit Homelites there as well and just kept working on the big stick, one of the saws with 9/16" pitch chain was really digging out some huge chips.

Mark

Mark,

Thank you. I was hoping somebody got pictures of the 7-29. That 9/16" chipper left a huge kerf, and I could see thru it clear to the bar tip.

Chris B.

Old McCulloch = corrosion problems.

As Brian has described, I bead blast and have had good success putting tape on the outside and JB Weld on the inside, really makes for a nice repair. I have patched both fuel tanks and gear cases this way and so far they seem to hold up very well.

I did coat the inside of a couple of fuel tanks with POR 15, one seemed to hold up very well, and one looks to be bubbling up a bit. I wish I had a better solution for coating the inside of the fuel tanks but I think it is difficult to come up with a product that is reasonably economical for use in very small batches.

Gear case halves for the 640 blasted, patched, and coated with POR15
attachment.php

Here you can see where the hole came all the way through, a piece of tape to cover the hole from the outside and JB Weld inside
attachment.php

Tank top half from the 840 blasted, holes patched, and coated with POR15, if I did this again I would put some grease on the threads of the fuel cap, I spent a fair bit of time with a dental pick cleaning the coating out of the thread ever with several layers of saran wrap over the fuel cap threads.
attachment.php

Mark

If I may ask? What is POR15. Tom

Not as big of wood or saws in the previous pics but here is a 700 wearing a 24" bar that I used to cut up this oak. Finally downloaded the pic from my phone.

IMG00062.jpg

I just got a half bottle of Kreem from my dealer to coat the inside of my 011 fuel tank. Comes in a pint bottle, I think around $35. I'll let you know what I thinks of it...

what is kreem Iv never heard of it before

It is a coating that tractor restors use on the gas tanks that have rust on the inside. The tanks are sealed so they put an aggregate in the tank and shake the tank to remove as much of the rust as possible. After cleaning it out they pour the kreem in and shift the tank arround to get a good coating on the inside.
There are two restorers that live near me that have been using it for years with good results. Tom

Last edited:
It is a coating that tractor restors use on the gas tanks that have rust on the inside. The tanks are sealed so they put an aggregate in the tank and shake the tank to remove as much of the rust as possible. After cleaning it out they pour the kreem in and shift the tank arround to get a good coat the inside.
There are two restorers that like near me that have been using it for years with good results. Tom

thank you if I ever have any tank problems I will remember that

I notested where some earler said when he put his pointer on the yellow markers under his name that he must own a Stihl. I checked under mine and it said the same. Well I do own a Stihl. In fact several==three 07's==one are 2 are 07S==not sure without checking==4==009"s==2 running and 2 need parts==one S 10==running==two 028"s==none running==one is a WB super==needs a P & C Iwill repair it==two 075"s==one running and one not==one MS280==Running==one 024 running==one 026==running, but has a lot of what I think is piston slap, I"ll have to check it out== two 064==non-running and possible others. I was put to sleep for medical test two weeks ago and my short memory was not good before and sure is not now. Tom

I notested where some earler said when he put his pointer on the yellow markers under his name that he must own a Stihl. I checked under mine and it said the same. Well I do own a Stihl. In fact several==three 07's==one are 2 are 07S==not sure without checking==4==009"s==2 running and 2 need parts==one S 10==running==two 028"s==none running==one is a WB super==needs a P & C Iwill repair it==two 075"s==one running and one not==one MS280==Running==one 024 running==one 026==running, but has a lot of what I think is piston slap, I"ll have to check it out== two 064==non-running and possible others. I was put to sleep for medical test two weeks ago and my short memory was not good before and sure is not now. Tom

That was my post..however I found out that it doesn't say that on every one.

I told you that my short memory was shot. I went back to the shop after I posted the above and now can add==one 041 super==running==one 041AV non-running==one 032 non running and one 015 running to the above. Tom

Sometimes it says "user needs to leave" LOL

I also own several MCCulloch. Two cp125 parts saws==one 10-10 automatic==none running==one 10-10 pro==non-running, yet==one 10-10 pro mac s==got an air leak==will run soon==one 850 pro mac==will run soon as I have time==one mac 15==running==one model 3-25 running. That is all I can remember at this time. I like the mac as well if not better than the Stihl's. That is why I follower this thread. Maybe this will let me stay. Tom P S I have several old sand cast poulans, several geardrive Homelites, three Remingtons, one Titan, one lancaster and possible others.

Latest posts

Back