McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mac 790 now runs and runs well considering that this is the first carb. rebuild for me on this type carb. After it is warmed up it will crank on one pull some of the time and 2 or 3 pulls for sure.
Apparently the primer is working and the auto oiler also.
I have a tripod ordered and I hope to post some video's at a later date.

On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated. Tom

P. S. If someone would fix the pictures to open automaticlly I would appreciate it. Tom

Saw looks great Tom. Hope to get my 790 (or whatever it turns out to be) looking and running that good soon.

We're praying for you and your Daughter too...

Done deal my friend. :clap:

You gonna have computer access this time? Unlike the Alaska fires?

Gary

Yeah, I'll be in a hotel near beach, unlike last time where I pitched a tent on a sand bar on the Healy river...

seen at a local feed store. built for hot saw competitions in the 60's & 70's.
said the original engine was replaced by the mac 101. it looks more like various pieces were bolted to it. what did they come from ? that carb looks awful kart like..

I wonder what that extra plug on the side of the oil tank is for...:)

On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated. Tom

Tom- I'm glad to hear you got the 790 running good, I'm sorry to hear about your daughter. My best wishes for her.

Thanks to rwoods for the prayers. All are appreciated. Tom

Tom... I don't pray. If i did the world would tilt on it's axis and cause the next ice age... but what i will do is keep ya in my thoughts. :)

We had a scare with my youngest daughter when the docs found a "spot" on her brain while doing an unrelated MRI for her sinus cavity. It turned out to be a benign growth she's had since she was born... It has taken 2 years to narrow it doen. I can't imagine what you are going through.

Hang tough my friend... you got good people here to lean on. You'll be amazed at how strong your daughter is. While my daughter was strong, and still in good spirits while docs poked and prodded, and shoved her into machine after machine to see what was going on... her mother and I were emotional wrecks. Kids just amaze me sometimes... they really do! :)

Gary

On another note my daughter's tumors (Meningiomas) have returned and I will have to go to Olive Branch this Friday to baby sit for her. She is going to Mayo clinic at Rochester, Minn. for treatment. Any prayers for her would be appreciated.

My wife has had to go to Mayo several times. That place is amazing, they really run you through the ringer there to figure things out and the doctors even respond to emails within hours. Truly a unique place. I trust your daughter will be in the Lord's hands while there and the doctor's hands will be quided by His during her visit.

Tom, your in our thoughts as well. Being a new father I can not imagine what you are going through. Hoping for the best for your family.

Dragged home a clean Mac 15 and a Mini Mac today, anyone know where to get rings for the 15 if CM does not have them?

Tom - lean on Him, we are praying for your daughter and your family.

Walt - Standard rings for the 15 are 55123, perhaps the most common ring for old McCullochs as they fit all of the 80 and 87 cc saws. If Calvin does not have them, Bob Johnson will. I probably have 3 or 4 sets of new ones that have come in various collections of parts as they are quite common.

Mark

Tom - lean on Him, we are praying for your daughter and your family.

+10

Walt - Standard rings for the 15 are 55123, perhaps the most common ring for old McCullochs as they fit all of the 80 and 87 cc saws.

Mark

^
That info did not make my day.

Those are not such a pain to fix as you don't have to gut the entire saw. Fuel lines are a common problem, I spray some WD 40 like stuff on the air filter to help there. But come on, is it a real Mac?

Should I use WD-40 then? The air filter is new and dry. :blob2:

Better half found the missing choke lever in about 4.3 nanoseconds when I said I couldn't find it but knew where it should be so once the air filter is "lubed" it's ready to go.

Daughter's illness

Tom... I don't pray. If i did the world would tilt on it's axis and cause the next ice age... but what i will do is keep ya in my thoughts.

I have always heard that you can fine levity in any situation and that hit my funny bone. You mite be surprised. It probably would not tilt. Thanks Gary

Also thanks to all the others who have offered ther prayers and comments on my chainsaw. Tom

Last edited:
I got this in the mail today from BillG
It's rough looking on the outside, but pretty good shape inside.
I'm quite pleased.

attachment.php

Mark,
I have been scrounging up used and NOS parts for quite a few months.
I have used parts to complete this one (minus carb) and Used and NOS parts to assemble another one.
I have one Mac welder carb that is VERY close, I think the BP1 and the welder were the only units to use that style carb.
If anyone has a BP1 carb or Mac welder carb (condition not important)
I'd be intrested.
I also could use a connecting rod for a BP1.
Jim

Looking for a Tillotson HL carb number
HL103 or HL63, Preferably the 103 or any
that will work with the 797, 795 saws.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks Lee

CSW - All I have is a NOS air filter that was given to me in Australia. I am hanging on to that in the hopes that the rest of a saw will come looking one day.

Lee - If you can bear with me for a few more days I can look through my boxes when I return home, there certainly should be something there but likely the throttle shaft bushings are a bit worn.

Mark

Mac 895, anything special? Comes with 36" B&C...Basically I'm asking what I should check before I buy, cause I can't resist.

Last edited:
You have to go to PA to pick it up, shorter drive for you than for me.

I have an 840 that I have fit with a 48" bar and 1/2" pitch chain, it will put you knee deep in chips in pretty short order.

That one does look like it's been run quite a bit, I would ask about compression before making any offers. It has been on and off e-bay for a number of weeks already.

Mark

Latest posts

Back